• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another "what's this?" question

Braunchitis

When I bought my M1009, it had what appears to be Velcro stuck to various places on the outside. There are several pieces on the hood, a piece on the passenger door, and even some under the tailgate. Any ideas what this might have been for? Thanks.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Dang Mark, throw him a bone. (LOL)

MILES: Multiple Integrated Lazer Engagement System.

Think of it as lazer tag on a very grand scale. All vehicles and soldiers wear lazer receivers and the weapons have lazer emitters. If you really want the full story, I would suggest doing a google search on MILES gear.

ragedracer

I didn't want to start another "what's this" thread, so I thought I'd post this there. In the photo below is a large orange thing in the back of an M1009. I've seen several that have this, and nearly all of them are painted brown. What in the heck is it, and why do only brown trucks have it??

Attachments

Somemedic

Manilla envelope. You mail things with it...

Ive never seen anything like that before and without a couple of different angles its hard to tell. Whats it made out of?