• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antartica Surplus Auction So Cal

There is a huge auction at Port Hueneme Naval Base on April 2nd. I have been to a few of these and prices are pretty good. I bought 2 - E350 4X4 vans from them among other things. This stuff comes from Mcmurdo Naval Base in Antartica.

Lots of small tools and lot items that you bid on the whole pallet. I quit bidding on 125 Motorola 2-way radios with chargers. The guy got them for $40.00 apiece after I quit. Like I had time to try and sell them all.

Preview is Tues April 1st 7-5 and Sale day (2nd) at 7am.

There is a 5 ton dump pictured on the brochure I received in the mail as well as a couple of Cat Gen sets. Also a 6cyl Cummins diesel.

****** removed auction listings ******

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Will,

It is through Mather Auctions.

You bid on it in person and take it home with you. The auctioneer has a portable loudspeaker and walks from one lot to the next doing the auction. Everyone follows him or stands and waits at the particular item he wants. Fast and furious. Stuff goes pretty cheap last time I was there. Happens 2X a year. If you can get the day off it is really worth it if you see something you like.

I bought the 2 E350 4X4 vans for $650.00 ea. Running!!!! Drove them home that day.

Attachments

ocwd

Auction

Gary,

I am pretty close to Port Hueneme. How do I get information on the next auction there? Even if I don't buy anything, it would be cool to go check out the next auction. Is there a web site for the auction?

Dave

Alredneck

Banned
RE: Auction

Heck that van is pretty cool good deal just gotta paint it another color like maybe od green or tan sense yall out thar in cali!

SIKDMAX

Polverone said:
I quit bidding on 125 Motorola 2-way radios with chargers. The guy got them for $40.00 apiece after I quit. Like I had time to try and sell them all.
Um..... there was a lil more on that pallet than that. It worked out quite well :wink:

Auction wasnt as good as any of the previous 8 years IMO.

Dodge man

Any idea where van 217 is or who bought it?

217 used to be my work vehicle on the ice for the past 10 years
If you call the auctioneer they'll usually tell you who bought it and how much they paid. At least they will at the auctions that I've been to at KSC.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They might not have records from an auction 5 years ago.

and just an FYI, if this thread was post today it would be canned in a heartbeat. There are no active/current/future auction postings allowed. That goes for eBay/Craigslist/GL/local/etc.

Dodge man

and just an FYI, if this thread was post today it would be canned in a heartbeat. There are no active/current/future auction postings allowed. That goes for eBay/Craigslist/GL/local/etc.
Frozen was specifically asking about a closed auction. Closed auctions are discussed in this forum regularly. But I didn't realize that the auction was five years ago. Good luck finding out anything on one that old.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the two links in the first post, one was for active auctions and the other was a dead link.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I clicked on the link and it had today's current auctions. It got edited out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks