• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antbody consider an 1101 bed for a bobbed deuce?

ranchhopper

A few new pics I have been working on the inside of the cab this week windshield frames have new rubber gaskets have been cleaned, caulked and repainted now to trim the caulk sealing the seams under the windshield frame along the front of the cab.I have added all new rubber door gaskets everythingl put together with stainless steel hardware even the screws that hold the door gasket retainers on. Doors have a new coat of paint inside all new stainless hardware holding the door mechanisms into the door shell I have to get the stainless to hold the door handles and window cranks on.

Attachments

Last edited:

ranchhopper

Heres the newly repainted dash new data plates installed with stainless hardware the freightliner seat has been attached to the springer base I will be useing the same set up on the passenger side. I am going to replace the steering wheel with the same style from an 813 the bottom cushion is pretty thick and the added two inches of leg room would be welcome. I just picked up a roll of cab insulation foam one inch thick with a perforated vinyl facing for insulating the cab from noise and heat its really nice stuff used in insulation heavy equipment cabs. Two weeks from now the fabrication begins on the bobbing of the rear of the truck and installing the 1101 bed I bought all new LEDs for front and rear of the truck.

Attachments

ranchhopper

Did a fuel system upgrade today the old in tank pump was tired and gummed up so I went with an air tex 24 volt listed as a heavy duty diesel pump. I replaced the original tank with an aluminum A3 tank plumbed it all in with JIC fittings and new hose also got a chance to install my racor fuel water seperator. Tomorrow I will have the hose from the new spin on racor to the IP made then give it a test run and see how it works.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks