• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna bracket question

Massm35a2

I want to add the brackets that belong back on my CUCV to cover the ugly holes. Anyone know what bracket is correct and where I can find them.

Thanks for your help :)

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might give Steve Haney a shout tc0654 at mesh dot net he often has them. measure the holes pattern, there are more than one type, I believe.

aboonski

Hello MassM35a2,
I have a 1986 M1008A1 CUCV that I obtained four of the antenna brackets for a while back from a guy in Hesperia CA who goes by the name of militarysurplusparts on Ebay. He may have a few of the complete sets left - brand new with all of the hardware for around $40 - $50 each kit. His name is David Walker and sells military truck parts out of his Hesperia CA location. This person is very reasonable and a pleasure to deal with. If I find his phone number I'll provide it in another reply to your post. Al Broadbent

Bigmick

Hi Massm35a2.....
If you go to

http://www.tpub.com/content/trucks1.25ton/TM-9-2320-289-20P/

scroll down to 'Figure 202. Radio And Antenna Brackets (M1009)', that'll give a diagram of the brackets, fixings etc, underneath is 'Description And Usable On Codes' that'll give you all the part numbers for clarification.
That's the way I sourced all the part numbers for my CUCV, I know I'm a noob to the site but if anyone knows different let me know.
Included is a picture of when it goes wrong and you have to correct the poor work of someone else.
Mick

Attachments

ONTOS66

Bigmick:

Use the SS resources. The following manuals (and lots of others) are available for download in .pdf format in the Technical Manual section:

TB 11-5820-890-20-77, SINCGARS radio installation in M1009 (good ideas for any radio installation)
TM 11-5820-401-10-HR & TM 11-5820-401-20-1 manuals for the VRC-12 radios
TM 9-2320-289-10, -20, -20P, 34, -34P the entire CUCV manual series

Vehicle painting: TB 43-0147, etc., etc.

Lots of good stuff and more - just look - or ask if you don't see it. If it is approved for public distribution and can be added to the library, someone will get it and upload it.

Good luck with your vehicle.

Attachments

Bigmick

Hi ONTOS66...
Thanks very much for the info, like I said I'm a noob to the site, I'll have a good look at all the manuals.
I searched online for as many TM's as I could as I didn't have any support or tech back up for years, until I found the SS site.
Mick.