• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

antenna bracket VRC home-made

59apache

Chipmaker
this is my homemade antenna bracket.
its made out of square tube, on pic2 you can see a reinforcement for the thread. rest ist welding, grinding and cutting.....the small piece of flat iron has 2 threads and is an inlay. only 2 holes to drill in the truck.....

Attachments

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't like it. Not that you haven't done a great job fabbing up the mount, that looks fantastic. However the location IMHO is bad. Too low to overcome the radio interference caused by the shelter box on the back, plus the antenna looks like it is in a nice convenient location to accidentally touch it while getting in or out of the truck. Pay heed to this decal which is military issue, in reference to this topic - RF energy is deadly.

Attachments

Billy Bobbed

Put it on the passenger side.I think 95% of the antennas on these trucks is for show and not for use.Mine will be for show.I cant decide were to put it or them.Nice job on the mount.

59apache

Chipmaker
hi mike,
thanks for your suggestions, i really appreciate it!
the reason for this location was:
keep it low (under 13ft - 4m are the limit in germany)
the shelter is only occasionally on the truck
i've only a cb radio with 1W AM and 4W FM (also th limit in germany) connected to the antenna

i guess under these circumstance is the location ok - if not please correct me!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With only 4 watts max output on the CB radio, I think you'll be fine. If you were installing an RT-524 radio (the original for that antenna) and had it cranked up you'd have some RF burns at the very minimum when the key was down.

Otherwise, your reasoning for the location make sense now. I still think, however, that if you want any decent distance from your CB contacts, you'll need to remove that cargo box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks