• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

antenna mounting studs

Armada

The complete antenna mount kit comes with a metal plate that goes in behind the body for reinforcement. The bracket and brush gaurd scews to it.

Armada

It ain't easy, and the less than helpful military diagram that comes with the kit shows where it goes, but doesn't tell you how to get it there. You will need a soldier B to help. First, locate, mark, and pre-drill the holes. There is just enough room to slide the plate up from below, between the outer sheetmetal and the inner body. Soldier A holds the plate and B starts the screws.

Armada

Being a plate, it covers 2 holes, so once you start the screws it won't spin. I've had the jacknuts spin though. Not so much installing new ones, but try removing some rusty old screws! NOT fun.

mangus580

Thats my point

My 1009 will be forever antenna less at this point. I had the truck rustproofed & undercoated with the bolts in (yeah... not smart)

NCINIRATOR

You know, I had a vision of installing a CB and hooking it up to the antennas, but I couldn’t find any antenna kits. My CUCV came with no antennas or mounts :cry:

I have a CB though :roll:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Dude... how you gonna get a wire wheel up inside the body panel to the threads? Rolling on floor laughing
He has hired special midgets with miniature wire wheels….

Oh wait, they prefer little people now don't they!!

How embarassing.

Bobert

Hey Magnus, or others, Did you figure out an easy way to remove the bolts from the spinning jack nuts?

I can reach the low ones with vise grips, but it doesn't help. I'm thinking about tack welding or maybe cutting or drilling.

Just want to make sure there is no easy trick to it.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks