• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

antenna question?

HOWEY

I have a r-442 0n the way to complement my rt-524 install in my M1009.

My question is can i use my spare mx-6707 antenna to receive on the 442 and what way is it wired??

I know a ab-15 is the right ant but it would save me some coin....;)

Attachments

jeepin

I am no radio expert, but since the RT524 can use a 6707 base and the 442 is just the receive side of the 524, I dont see any reason you shouldn't be able to use it. You would use the same cable that connects a 524 to the 6707. I can get the cable ID off my set if you need it.

HOWEY

I am no radio expert, but since the RT524 can use a 6707 base and the 442 is just the receive side of the 524, I dont see any reason you shouldn't be able to use it. You would use the same cable that connects a 524 to the 6707. I can get the cable ID off my set if you need it.
Please do, im thinking its the BNC Coax cable is the one that will do it...

Attachments

jeepin

Please do, im thinking its the BNC Coax cable is the one that will do it...
CG-1773 is the number and it looks like your picture. The one thing I noticed on my setup (RT-524 with MX67607) is the second cable to tune the antenna. R442 doesn't have that but I don't know if it is needed because I think (and I could be wrong) the MX6707 is tuned to transmit but receives without tuning. Hopefully another SS member can chime in and confirm.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just set the MX-6707 to the band that you will be using most (probably the six meter band - around 51 MHz) and you will not need the control cable. You are correct that it will receive on almost any setting, but it will do best if tuned close to what it is expecting.

Red_506

Just remember to ground out your matching unit. Also, although a control cable is not needed for operation in this manner; you should be sure to plug the control connector to avoid moisture entering the system.

kapkanimd

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have a similar question. I have a spare AS3900a and am wondering if I can use it with the r442 for receiving only?

I have the AB-15 and one 6707, but would prefer them to at least look somewhat similar. Perhaps I might swap the 3900 with another 6707...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks