• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna questions

iasc399ia

I own 1986 M1009. It has one side antenna bracket with some sort of piece in it that currently has a cb antenna hooked up to it.

Today I acquired two antennas the guy called "whip" antennas. These are the same antennas I have seen on humvees. I also got a bracket from the guy, but I do not know what sort of device goes into the bracket to screw the antenna too.

Any help is appreciated

Also with the new setup will I still be able to run my cb on it or would it be to powerful?

I also want to add another setup on the other side, just for looks.

Thanks for the guidance in advance.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do not use the word HELP in your titles unless your life is in danger of you are stuck on the side of the road.

On this site we help with everything and take the HELP call serious.

Also make your titles meaning full. When you get you question answered a meaningful title will help the next guy find the thread that relates to the same question.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you need MX-6707 bases for your masts. The loose bracket is for HMMWV.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually he may need as3900 bases which have a larger diameter thread than the mx6707........ look closely, they appear to be later style whips........

Z

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The visual differences between the AS3900 base and the MX-6707 can be seen in the attached photos.

Since you are going for looks only, it wouldn't matter which one you used EXCEPT that you have whips that fit the AS3900 base only.
The threaded part above the base spring, (under the cap pointed to by the yellow arrow) is a slightly different diameter between the two, thus the threaded bases of the whip, that big black nut-looking part, are different.

Cheers

Attachments

iasc399ia

Its all good, I appreciate the information though!
Got the bases in and all installed. Still need 1 aluminum antenna brush guard though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks