• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna Tie-down

pocketgecko

Need a little help for the slow kid.....I picked up a SINCGARS antenna for my M1009 and have it mounted on there but for the life of me I cant figure out where I am supposed to tie it down to. It seems to short to reach the front brushguard and I dont see anywhere obvious along the side to tie it off. Thoughts?

1986Blazerk5

You could tie it down right behind the doors, drill a hole right behind the door with a piece of wire running out of it then up to the antenna

OL AG '89

The problem with tieing the antenna forward is that it can snag on stuff.... limbs, parking garage structure and then in trying to bend backwards it may break.
I'm not sure what is recommended by the installation guide. I'll see if I can find a reference....

1986Blazerk5

The problem with tieing the antenna forward is that it can snag on stuff.... limbs, parking garage structure and then in trying to bend backwards it may break.
I'm not sure what is recommended by the installation guide. I'll see if I can find a reference....
Good Point, you could move the antenna mount to behind the door and tie it to the back bumper, this is what im planing on doing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks