• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

antenna?

USMCsniperSEAL

What military antennas can I use for a CB radio for a M1009? Does a Shakspeare high survivability antenna work or are they out of the bandwidth? Also is there a military antenna I can use for a Uniden BCD996XT scanner as well. I would like to keep the outside of the truck looking as military as possible. Kind of new to all the antenna stuff. Just need some help.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M1009 had the MX-6707 which I used when I had a Blazer, and the CB worked ok in it . The freq. range is 30-76 mhz. and I tuned the knob on the antenna until the SWR meter read the best. The sincgars AS-3916 High Serv. antenna range is 30-88 mhz. It should work The other sincgars is AS-3900 with 30-88 mhz. also.

Chief_919

The AS-3916 is a better choice for CB use. It fits the same mounts as the 6707, but is mroe broadbanded and doesn't require any tuning to have a decent SWR for CB use- they go down to 26mhz while staying in the rated SWR specs according to my analyzer.

The 3916 would be a good choice for your scanner as well, but it may have just a bit of reduced sensitivy at 800mhz and up due to losses in the matching section. I haven't tried one to be sure.

I have some AS-3916 bases and antennas as well as CUCV mounts if anyone needs them.