• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antifreeze leak

ExFlyBoy

Just got her home, took me 3 hours and 200 miles and change. Along the way I noticed temp starting to climb, luckily the fan kicked in, but seemed to kick on a lot more frequently the longer I drove. So I cranked the heat and continued on..... when I got home after she cooled down I checked the coolant level and noticed it was really low, I also noticed under passenger floor coolant was dripping, looking inside cab there was coolant on the floor....it appears it's coming from what I'm guessing is the heater core.
Been looking for any related threads, but couldn't find any. Any advice on where to start would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrera911

Not much else to do other than dig in and see if it's the core itself or just a loose hose clamp or rotten hose. If you need to use the truck in the meantime you can always loop the lines in the engine bay and bypass the heater core all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAVP7

I had the same problem on my HMMWV. First, it seemed to be a hose clamp on the heater water valve, but no matter how I tightened that, it continued to drip. Turned out to be bad corrosion on the heater valve itself. The corrosion had eaten very tiny holes into the underside of the valve, so those were almost invisible. But if you have fluid in the passenger compartment, the heater core would be the prime suspect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks