• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antifreeze on top of head

Bowtie70SS

I need some help locating a coolant leak that just developed on my Deuce. I was walking by and noticed something wet on the ground. I popped the hood and saw antifreeze on top of the front diff and then as I looked further it appears it is all the way on top of the head between the valve cover and intake. The radiator in my truck is 4 or 5 years old and I do not have a heater package. Here is a pic of what I am talking about.
deuceleak.jpg

brianp454

I had a similar problem with my truck (the hoses). If you poke around on the site here I wrote an explanation and included pictures of the fix. It's in What did you do to your deuce this week? post #1680. On page 168.

shenkmen

Could be a blown head gasket- drive it around- then check the exaust fumes for that sweet smell -
Be careful. Nobody wants to die a stack sniffer. :)

I had the same issue on mine and it was the hoses and the gaskets on the cooling manifold. Not a hard job to do and worth it.

Bowtie70SS

You're gonna laugh but I did not realize those were cooling tubes. I will check bolt torque and the clamps. There is no coolant in the exhaust. It didn't make sense that there is coolant on top of the engine, nowhere near the head gasket. I have put a few miles on the beast so I am starting to see some problems crop up that need to be addressed. I added a pyro gauge already.

wb1895

I had the exact same problem a few months ago. My problem was the hose in your pic. I replaced the hose and the problem is gone. Check ALL of your hoses and replace them.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, if one hose gives you problems, its time to change them all. I have a kit with all the hoses, cut to size. Your not too far from me, PM if we need to meet up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks