• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ants ate M101 cover

MDSA

Haven't used the cover for my 1953 M101A1 in ages. Was reorganizing my wood shop where the cover was stored nice and dry. Found it filled with black ants. Threw it out on the driveway and fold after fold had ants. Sprayed while unfolding, and as I unfolded it I saw holes. Many small holes, most about 1". Grrr.

Attachments

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man that sucks! Seems there is always something that is working to frustrate our best efforts to preserve something. A friend of my dad's had a big fish net rolled up in his barn. He went to get it in the spring and found a possum had chewed in to the center of it and made a nest. When he was done jumping up and down on it there was not much life left in the possum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks