• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any 915 and 916 pics or videos?

grunex125

Outside of the usual dealer furnished videos online, does anyone have any pics of their 915's and 916's I'm interested in possibly buying one for a grain hauler, mostly looking for applications where they are used and how they've been put to work. I'm leaving this thread open for all discussion so long as it pertains to this series of trucks. Thanks in advance.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Here is a pic of one of my former M915's (since pimped off) that I used to pull my van trailer to shows with. On of my big complaints with the older M915/916/917's etc. is having to stand on my head to work on a lot of things in the engine compartment. I have actually taken the front tires off to make it easier to get to the starter and alternator.

Attachments

grunex125

Here is a pic of one of my former M915's (since pimped off) that I used to pull my van trailer to shows with. On of my big complaints with the older M915/916/917's etc. is having to stand on my head to work on a lot of things in the engine compartment. I have actually taken the front tires off to make it easier to get to the starter and alternator.

I haven't been up close to many of these trucks yet at all and I'm on a fact finding mission, I appreciate the info for sure. From what I gather these units used an Allison auto trans behind a Detroit 60 would this be something that could easily be swapped out for say a 13 speed fuller? what kinds of changes are needed to DOT the truck if any?
sorry for the questions, I know I can be a pita, just would like to make the right choice is all.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The $4000 line haul trucks have Cummins NTC400 BCIII's driving 5 speed HT750 Allisons. The $10,000 and up are the Freightliners with the 60 Series. All of them are DOT ready. Search "M915" on this site, lots of hits of folks using the trucks for hauling grain and corn. The 5 speed Allisons do great at this. Just can't run over 60 mph, which for most people is not a huge issue, and it results in 7-8 mpg as well.

goodguyzy

My 916 has the 400 with cat 7155 tranny. It takes some getting used to and my truck likes 58 on the interstate. I wish my 1070 would go that fast.

grunex125

Hey thanks guys!! your input is greatly appreciated! Any and all comments are welcome, I'm just listening to what you guys have to say about them for now and I'll have questions for you soon.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M915A1 would run 63 on the highway. It's equipped with the Cummins 400 Big cam III, Allison automatic, 3 stage jake brake, and Detroit No-Spin in the forward drive axle.

Driveway parking 062.jpg Semi 005.jpgM915A1 006.jpgM915A1-M348A2 005.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks