• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

any advantages to having a flame heater?

Preacherboy

I am asking because it sounds like lots of different folks have leaks and things, in fact my deuce is down because the fuel nozzle assembly is leaking right onto the turbo.

From what I understand it is an easy fix with a couple of o-rings, but there are fuel lines running across the top of the engine that I do not really like with their potential of also developing leaks.

Is is pretty simple to totally unhook and cap off all lines? My plan would be to put in an electric block heater of some sort.

Here is a picture of the part that is leaking onto the turbo.

Attachments

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommend fixing the leak and keeping the flame heater. Living in Michigan, this can be a big help for you. There is no reason the other lines should start leaking. I drove a Deuce in the Army in the early 70s that had a flame heater and it worked great. My current Deuce has an ether system, which also works well.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have a use for it down here in TN but you more than likely need some sort of starting aid that far north. My supply line deveolped a leak so I just disconnected the line and installed a pipe plug where it comes out of the IP. I never used it anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks