• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any advice on weird tree spade conversion, in Upstate, SC?

yumbrad

Cool pic! That looks like a similar spade, is it a Vermeer? What diameter?

I ran this girl for 17 years and the plumbing is a pain. There's nothing like doing a plant friendly job then pinching a hose in front of a client and blowing oil all over the place. The increase in value on this unit over 2 decades was shocking so they can be a good investment. Really looking forward to MV Tree Spade pictures once you get rolling.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sam Spade MV

Cool pic! That looks like a similar spade, is it a Vermeer? What diameter?
It is a 72" Vermeer so our two spades are family. I tried to kill it with our Canadian frost but from last reports she still works on a golf course. I started to abuse it in 1981 so they are well built spades.

The sliding deck and outside gate rams had the worst plumbing because the hoses need to move and were exposed. I don't recall anything that a short, fat, balding guy couldn't fix in the field. Sometimes I needed to pull 6 hoses to get one out but it's just nuts and bolts so .......I let mechanics do the hard stuff.

Hooking overhead wires and hitting anything underground can be either common, avoidable, deadly or good training.

My buddy Rob flies this beauty and he spends a ton of time south of the border. Now here's a guy that thinks a spade is a good investment.

Robs spade.jpg

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I found it for 9500 in SC. It is a 50 year old M35 Kaiser means it is multi fuel, which is advantage. (500 for the truck and 3000 to get it all going good) and you are in business. The T-66 Vermeer goes for 9000 itself used.
How many hours you got to be able to work on it?

a tree spade.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks