• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any aftermarket seat options?

DukeNukem

Looks like I joined in 2007.
Two weeks before the housing bust hit and all my homes went down in price 80 percent.
Reason for not being able to buy any steel.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Type this number into the search box on egay.

You can find them cheaper if you look around.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, that is the bolsterless version of the seats Auctionaddict has. I have a PR saved for a rainy day.

EnteJager

seat 6.jpgseat 1.jpgseat 4.jpgseat5.jpg

MaterCraft seats I installed on my M988. The rear seats bolted to 3/4" spacers directly to the rear seat boards were made out of round bar aluminum stock. I couldn't have designed them any better, they flip up and you can still access the storage underneath.

The driver seat has been changed to the same as the front passenger seat, older picture.

I opted to use the 3 point installed safety belts, the 4 points that came with the seats where attached to the seats, I didn't want to assume the seats would remain secure in a crash.

Last edited:

cruzinz28

I want to explore seat upgrades myself. Here are the seats I plan to install. The taller one will be used as the Driver and Passenger and the Shorter Fold-Up Seat will be used for the rear seats. I also have 5-Point harnesses that came on the taller driver seat that i will try to utilize as well. For the Driver seat I scored the upgraded seat base so i have something to bolt it to as well.

Great Picture EnteJager! I am going to save them as reference when I got to install mine.

Attachments

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One member here (3000gt, I believe) found a set of four bucket seats at a junk yard for $100. I really like the seats pictured above, but for the price I may be hitting the junk yard when I need a set!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks