• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any body got pics of an M109 with Super Singles(395/85R20 preferably)

WorkingDeuce

Hello There,I have been lurking and looking for a while and have not seen a single pic of an M109 with "Super Singles" and preferably some 395/85 R20 tires.Beside just wanting to see how it looks I'd also be interested in any mounting or clearance issues any of you "Been There, Done That" types might have.

If there is already a thread and I just managed to miss it pardon the redundant post but I am a man on a mission and once the title on my M109A2 comes clear it's time to get to cracking(full sandblasting,new seals,bearings,etc)

Thanks For Your Time Gentlemen

WorkingDeuce

Ooops! Just realized that I posted this in the Deuce Forum instead of the Hotrodding Forum.All of you purists please take some comfort from the fact that I am not going to bob this particular truck and it will still be pretty original other than the big tires once I'm done working on it other than the fact that it will just get around in the Eastern Oklahoma Mud'N'Flood a little better ;-)

Opie,thanks for the link to that thread.M109guy's conversion is part of what inspired me to get an M109 in the first place.Military on the outside and comfy on the inside.Perfect for those FTXs where me and the kids needs some snacks and a nap between oogling and wrenching.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M109A3 is already a little top heavy. By adding taller tires, you are asking for trouble. I was talking to a guy in the NJ AR NG and he told me that they did not even fully load an M35A2 with singles because the taller tires make the truck a little top heavy.

Dieselsmoke

Ya know, where I live there ain't a straight flat road at all. I was worried when I first got my M109A3 that it was going to be topsy turvy on these roads, but can't say as I've noticed a difference at all in the handling of it vs the cargo, or the wrecker for that matter. Of course that's not singled out either, still old school duals on everything:-D

KsM715

thats just a mean truck...i want to get a 5 ton just to use those tires...
Thats the reason I got my M818. Looking at vinnys truck and militaryrestorations truck I feel like a kid standing in the middle of a world of wheels car show for the first time :drool:

m109guy

Yup it is worth the upgrade to super singles.

I am not a fan of the very wide singles that some people have, but it is fast/easy mod that pretty much anyone can do in their driveway on the weekend.

I love them on my M109 and I think it was worth the time and money to do.

srodocker

i just wish you can make the back singles stick out a little more because i dont like the look of them sitting inside of the box. either flush or stick out little would be sweet

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks