• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

any body looking for a m215 dump?

COREYB

my father in law is thinking of selling his 50's gmc dump truck and i was wondering
what the going rate for them is.
it runs,drives,dumps with no major mechanical issues and there is a complete spare chassis to go with it.
thank you

BugEyeBear

Looks pretty nice!

Everything works? (engine, high & low range of transmission, xfercase, brakes, dump, all electrical, all guages)
Any Leaks?
How are the tires? (hold arir, cracked, % worn)
Any rust-thru anywhere? (1st spots to show are usually the front fenders where they meet the steps, the leading edge of the hood where it curves around the grill, the cab floors, & the door bottoms)
What condition is the dump bed in? Does it have the tailgate?
Any dents?

Typically the G749 series trucks don't sell for much.
I've seen nice examples sell on eBay for anything from a few hundred to maybe $2K for a nicely preserevd example. A fully restored example can sell for more, but there aren't many buyers, so they tend to sit on the market for awhile.

HOWEVER there are a few enthusiasts out there (& on here) who love the G749 series trucks, and a dump in good condition is particularly hard to find these days.
SO I'd suggest that you post as many pics as possible, decide what you are willing to let it go for, and see what happens.

MAYBE I'll even consider shipping it down to GA!

Last edited:

M215

M215 dumper

Some one please save this truck!
Looks like the fuel tank has been replaced, originals ars hard to find. The M215 / M221 used a different sized tank, not interchangable with the M211. Is the right side fender bent? Hard to tell from the angle.
Nice truck, would make a nice project for someone.
Thanks for posting.
Karl

COREYB

also there is a M211 chassis for parts that he said he would include
there is complete driveline, cab, front clip, and lots of other good parts
to save. The tires hold air but is about due for new ones

BugEyeBear

TOOOO FAAAARRR auaaua
CT is closer to MI than GA is!

Just think, you could have the beginnings of a FLEET of M215s & buy spare parts in bulk!!

Besides, if it is shipped on a flatbed you are probably only gonna pay $1 to $2 per mile......

(OK, I confess. I'm actually HOPING you'll buy it, fix it up, decide you have too many, & then sell it to me at a loss....) So Go For IT!!

-Bear-

Last edited:

BugEyeBear

you forgot, "...and call it George"! :-D

C'mon! I can see an empty parking spot right there next to your XM211!

It Looks SOOO LONELY!

(Still hoping you'll buy it, fix it all up, then sell it to me next year!!)

-Bear-

Last edited:

COREYB

the father in laws said that it only needs a fuel pump(electric one) and a pair of batteries
and it will run. he is asking $4000 firm for the pair of trucks
NOTE: i have personnaly seen it run and dump last year.

BugEyeBear

... he is asking $4000 firm for the pair of trucks....
TOO STEEP for me... fat lady sings

Problem is that with newer Dueces selling on GL for around $2K (or less) it is hard for most people to justify buying an older truck with less power for more money.

With G749 parts becoming scarce you could argue that a complete G749 series truck is therefore more valuable...
...OR you could argue that it is less valuable because any parts required will cost you more.

Don't get me wrong, I love the older GMC Deuces (& I DO have one!)!
I'm just noting the current market.

Just Curious.... How complete is the 2nd truck??

xm708

m215

There is a totally functional m215 right now in NH on craigslist for $2500 with a complete cargo truck for parts. This truck is running/driving and dumping currently. I would have bought it already but my priorities are restoring my 97 ram at the moment. Hey hippie dude maybe you should snatch it up ???

ed

6x6 2 1/2 ton military dump truck

I put the link in because somebody always says this thred is worthless without pics !!!