• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any downside to using a deep water CDR valve vs regular CDR?

blutow

I need to order a CDR valve and hoses for my 1123 to fix the damage done by GovPLanet.

The deep water version is only $5 more, so I figured I go with it.

I have not decided if I"m going to fix/replace the DWF system that was removed by GP, but I would like to have the option later if I want to. I don't think I'll be actuall doing any deep water forging, but I like originality and it doesn't look like a big effort to make it right again.

I don't want to mess with fixing everything right now (bigger issues to focus on), but I assume I can use the dwf valve and just put a cap on the spot for the small hose? Any reason not to use the deep water version (besides the extra $5 in cost)?

regular valve:

DWF valuve

blutow

12340256 is only $54 at macmotors
12340260 is only $60 at macmotors

shop around. That is a big difference in price.
both in stock
Thanks. Is it safe to assume mac motors is all genuine non-china stuff? I'm a bit paranoid hearing stories about junk aftermarket parts. Also, is it OK to use the deep water version even if I don't run it that way to start? I'm not clear what the deep water feature does on that version of the CDR and whether it might need vacuum from that hose to work or something. I'd spend some time digging into it, but I'm trying to get this stuff ordered today before I head out of town.

Action

Thanks. Is it safe to assume mac motors is all genuine non-china stuff? I'm a bit paranoid hearing stories about junk aftermarket parts. Also, is it OK to use the deep water version even if I don't run it that way to start? I'm not clear what the deep water feature does on that version of the CDR and whether it might need vacuum from that hose to work or something. I'd spend some time digging into it, but I'm trying to get this stuff ordered today before I head out of town.
Mac gets parts from AM General.

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want full function of the fording kit, you need the correct cdr, the valve for the dash and the sensor cup for the front frame mount. All the kit does is put air pressure into various parts of the system to build enough pressure to help prevent water from getting into them.

blutow

If you want full function of the fording kit, you need the correct cdr, the valve for the dash and the sensor cup for the front frame mount. All the kit does is put air pressure into various parts of the system to build enough pressure to help prevent water from getting into them.
Thanks. So what role does the CDR valve play in this? Is the inlet on the CDR a place where positive pressure is applied for the crank case? I just want to make sure it's going to work just like a non-DWF version if I just plug the small hose connection for now. Thanks.

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. That is its function basically. The sensor cup on the frame catches air like a cup upside down pushed into a pool. That air provides the pressure to repel the water intrusion.

blutow

Mac gets parts from AM General.
I really appreciate you pointing this out. I had a big order tee'd up for HPG and I switched a buch of the parts to Mac. Not everthing was cheaper, but a lot of stuff was and you probably just saved me over $100. Only downside was is free shipping, but the cost savings more than make up for it. Thanks again.

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really appreciate you pointing this out. I had a big order tee'd up for HPG and I switched a buch of the parts to Mac. Not everthing was cheaper, but a lot of stuff was and you probably just saved me over $100. Only downside was is free shipping, but the cost savings more than make up for it. Thanks again.
MacMotors has a great deal on shipping, medium box FedEx two days for about $15 whatever could fit insisde, and the WF CDR valve does, I did get one too. Check with Craig if you need to talk with someone, he's great!

blutow

MacMotors has a great deal on shipping, medium box FedEx two days for about $15 whatever could fit insisde, and the WF CDR valve does, I did get one too. Check with Craig if you need to talk with someone, he's great!
Yep, I spent a bit of time on the phone with Craig this morning and he was super helpful. I've got a decent pile of parts heading my way, backordered some LED headlights, and I'm gonna get a set of tires from them if we can make the shipping $'s work (craig is checking on options).

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are absolutely right to be paranoid about the Chinese infiltrating the supply chains worldwide with fake stuff.

Here is a Chinese factory that sells ECV metallic brakes as OEM for...$5-$15!!! The real dangerous part is that these are huge operations owned by Communists in China, nothing gets built without the Party approval, and they get a cut from everything it's sold, that's why they are stealing with such impunity and in front of everyone, because they have been doing it UNPUNISHED for over 30 years! And they are becoming more and more bold about it and feeling even more entitled.

Like that Alibaba guy Jack Ma, billionaire, part of the Chinese Communist Party of course, who bought a $20MM property on the east coast and who said that in fact the Chinese copies are better than the originals, therefore people should buy that instead!!!

The Chinese had no underwear for 10,000 years and now all the Communists flaunt with impunity their Lamborghinis, Mercedes, Porsche, Rolls-Royce and their billions stolen from US and the West!!!

It's a slap in the face to the American taxpayers, who indirectly are feeding their pockets thru the huge trade deficits and by allowing them access to the best IP the world has.
The Chinese are charging 30% customs and more for cars made in US, that's why are forcing companies to build their products in China, so they can employ their people and get immediate access to all the IP (which they steal and build competing products right down the road), yet they can sell here anything they want and until recently without any limits playing the "developing country" card...with a $14+ trillion economy!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks