• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any equipment seen with a 4BT Cummins Diesel?

1800 Diesel

I've seen a few civilian generators with the 4BT on GL in the last 6 months. These were on military bases but were not MEP type units. Also have seen a few similar units with Kubota 4-cyl engines.

I could use a turbo 6-354 Perkins or a 3116 CAT for my shrimp boat, while we're wishing... :) Obviously marine model would be better than industrial...

If I happen to spot a 4BT in the future, I'll send you a p.m.

Kevin

Isaac-1

I think I have seen them in some aircraft ground support vehicles, I know that I have seen the 6BT in the short Dodge truck looking aircraft tugs, but I think I have also seen the 4BT in the more angular looking tow / tug tractors.

Ike

gerrykan

For what it's worth, I read this on the internet.
The stationary motors have a pump or governor for running constant RPM's, and do not peform well in vehicles.

I do not know this for fact, or if your project is a vehicle.

deathrowdave

I have a contact that has about 150 used motors in stock , What are you wanting to install into ? I am putting on in an early power wagon . Helped a friend install on in a Dodge Dakota . PM for contact phone number if u are interested

racing4funn

For what it's worth, I read this on the internet.
The stationary motors have a pump or governor for running constant RPM's, and do not peform well in vehicles.

I do not know this for fact, or if your project is a vehicle.
Automobile of some sort. Maybe a jeep or large American 4 door sedan.. Something to run my home brew Biodiesel in. I would prefer one that was out of a bread truck. Something that has an automatic trans behind it. Maybe a th400. Would make collecting parts easier.