• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any idea what antenna this is, and what system?

czechsix

Spotted several of these today, they look a bit like Hi-Q antennas - but if anyone actually knows what they are, before I try calling Hi-Q, that'd help. I'm looking for a mobile NVIS/DX setup for both the M35 and the Suburban.

Attachments

BillIdaho

I doubt it is an MX6707. I would bet it is an AS3916, or what's called a VSQ-1 antenna. Most HMMWVEs were/are using Singars stuff, so the MX6707 became outdated. The actual antenna looks the same from a distance, but the threads where the antenna screws onto the base are different.
It could be an MX6707, but if so it would be an early HMMWVE or an NG unit, as they are sometimes on the last to switch group.

BillIdaho

I think that was the rubber shield mentioned earlier. I've seen those rubber heat protection things (usually used for the GRC-106 antenna set-up, due to the burn possible from 400 watts of love!)

bender108

What antenna is this?

It looks like a Shakespeare Model 120-17 HF antenna. It could be connected to
any HF radio set. The rubber boot is definately there to keep anyone from
touching the antenna.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just picked one of these up on flea bay.

The antenna behind that boot insulator is a shakespeare model 4245 120-31 AB-1335/G Spring Base 1000 Watts for a RADIO SET
AN/GRC-21 5.
http://shakespeare-ce.com/military/product/4245-120-31-spring-base/

It uses a 4 piece 16 foot mast 120-49 as-3809g. Original reason I found this post as I was looking for the part number to the boot insulator if anyone knows?

http://shakespeare-ce.com/military/?s=120-49

If any one has a lead on the boot or the 4 part mast, please let me know

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks