• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any info on this company

zone zero

I contacted humv4u.com
I'm looking into buying a 4 door soft topped humvee from them I was quoted 25,000 but I'm interested in finding out as much as I can about their company the options are pretty good new interior, seats, sound deadening,carpet, 5 new tires, new paint, and all mechanical and electrical gone through. It's basically a turn key truck read for pick up and daily use.
It would be my daily driver I only have a 15 minute commute but do as many expedition trips as possible. Any help would be appreciated guys

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never heard of them....and I'm in the HMMWV business.
im always Leary of companies that do this conversion.
its not hard to do what they are saying, and I've never been a fan
of companies that say they went through all the electrical and mechanical components.
what I see is them just painting over everything with poor body and paint prep.
thats my experience....and what's come through my shop.

zone zero

https://youtu.be/_ierzWNO0lM

This is a link to a video on the base truck I'm looking at minus the roof rack.
I'm somewhat in a hurry winters coming to New England fast and I need a new truck and nothing I've looked at new or used is going to work for what my needs are.
The other issue is finding financing.

Do you guys think I should just try GOV planet or a private sale on here? I don't know the hassle in New Hampshire of getting these things vind and registered .

Also thanks for the private messages I'll get back to them tonight I'm off to bed night shifts a bitch

mattwspeed

I own this company! I will put our HMMWV builds against any in the country! If anyone has any questions of our build quality please feel free to stop by our shop and see our trucks first hand. We employ a 14 year motor pool vet who services and inspects each of our trucks before they leave. So yes we go through them. Our parent company is Custom Combat Trucks and our 5-ton builds speak for themselves! Make sure you check out our other videos as well including our customer testimonial videos!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I myself don't question the 14 year vet's experience or capabilities (thank him for his service please) or the quality of the work or the truck when it leaves your place. I asked a simple question, what is a HMMWV H1?

mattwspeed

The HMMWV H1 is a decal our customer asked us to add. I guess you would have to ask him? We do custom work, and with custom work you don't care what they want as long as the check is good. We also built an "expedition Humvee" out of an ambulance.... They cool thing is... If you build it you can name it what ever you want and it doesn't really matter what folks think!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That explains it and is what I wanted to know.

Thank you

Will you guys be at the rally this year?

mattwspeed

Maybe

We will try and make it to the GA rally but will depend on what we have ready to at the time. That and peewee football.
Sorry if my reply was a little harsh. I defend the trucks we build as if they were my kids. We put our blood sweat and tears into these builds and hate when they are questioned buy people who have never seen one in person. I will post some build picks as soon as I figure how to from my phone!

Royalpower

We will try and make it to the GA rally but will depend on what we have ready to at the time. That and peewee football.
Sorry if my reply was a little harsh. I defend the trucks we build as if they were my kids. We put our blood sweat and tears into these builds and hate when they are questioned buy people who have never seen one in person. I will post some build picks as soon as I figure how to from my phone!
Can someone give me more info on the "GA rally" when, where ...? I didn't know about it and I would love to go.

Royalpower

It is a "must see" event. Even if you an only make a day trip, it's worth the drive.
I don't know if my truck will be ready by then but I'll be hopeful. Even if my truck isn't ready I plan to come and watch. At least I'll get to meet a bunch of the guys and learn a thing or two.

gottaluvit

I can feel your dedication and I also understand that the original poster is from MA and, heck, I would like some confirmation before driving 1000 miles to see it in person too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks