• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

any interesting modifications for the truck bed?

joshua180422

I was just wondering if anyone could show some of the cool modifications they did or want to do in the bed of their truck. For example fuel storage, camping ideas or tools. I heard one guy on here talking about a hammock in the back but haven't seen any pics. I also saw a couple cool hoists. What else do you guys have?

joshua180422

Yes I did read instead of searching all over the place to stumble upon one mod here one mod here I figured we could have a thread for them. Also I also was looking for any new ideas that have not been posted. Every thread on here has one person saying "search" if it was up some people this would not be a forum but a archive and no new threads would of been posted since 2006.

wsucougarx

I put an extra 50 gallon deuce fuel tank up against the bed. Using it to gravity feed to my main tank during emergency use. I've also mounted VIC-1 comm stations in the rear for parade/emergency detail. I've put a wire spool bracket on the Headache board for my 20' Slave cable. Put a fire ext bracket on the headache board as well. Of course no pics taken at this time.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes I did read instead of searching all over the place to stumble upon one mod here one mod here I figured we could have a thread for them. Also I also was looking for any new ideas that have not been posted. Every thread on here has one person saying "search" if it was up some people this would not be a forum but a archive and no new threads would of been posted since 2006.
I have no problem with one thread that aggregates all the various bed modifications. In fact, I like it. Another member recently gathered all the trailer hitch modifications and out them in one place.

I like that.

But I disagree about the archive thing.

Read this: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/648919-post31.html

Now that we've got this out of the way, I think we can get back to bed modifications.

Thanks

C

Bigred77

I cut on the pass side tailgate latch. so to drop the gate i only have to undo the dr side chain. the pass side stays latched. simple mod but i drop my gate multiple times a day hauling water.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks