• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Marines around?

Ajax MD

I did the light sanding trick and was able to uncover all the unit markings on my wife's truck. I wanted to record them before we paint over them.

Turns out the truck was a Marine vehicle. I found "USMC XXXXX" on either side of the sling brackets on the hood. Numbers were destroyed, couldn't make them out.
On the front passenger side is "C4ISR OTM" on the front driver side is PD-41. (PD-41 is also down on the rocker panels, each side.)
On the front quarters (near the vent grill) and the tailgate is M27189. I believe this will lead us to the actual unit that the truck belonged to.

Thanks!

Ajax MD

Do trucks cross into different services? Perhaps after resets? C4ISR is Army but there are definitely USMC markings all over this thing.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I did the light sanding trick and was able to uncover all the unit markings on my wife's truck. I wanted to record them before we paint over them.

Turns out the truck was a Marine vehicle. I found "USMC XXXXX" on either side of the sling brackets on the hood. Numbers were destroyed, couldn't make them out.
On the front passenger side is "C4ISR OTM" on the front driver side is PD-41. (PD-41 is also down on the rocker panels, each side.)
On the front quarters (near the vent grill) and the tailgate is M27189. I believe this will lead us to the actual unit that the truck belonged to.

Thanks!
It's a joint program for the army and marine Corp there are several stories on the contract

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M27189 is the 'unit identification code' (UIC). Unfortunately M27189 is not currently in use. Could you have mistaken a 3 for an 8?

I checked both the current MCO 5320.12H and the previous one dated 2012 and there is no M27189 listed.

Last edited:

Ajax MD

M27189 is the 'unit identification code' (UIC). Unfortunately M27189 is not currently in use. Could you have mistaken a 3 for an 8?

I checked both the current MCO 5320.12H and the previous one dated 2012 and there is no M27189 listed.
I'll check again.

Ajax MD

Sorry, you're correct- M27139

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CLC 21, 2D MAINT BN, 2 MLG. =
Combat Logistics Company 21, 2nd Maintenance Battalion, 2nd Marine Logistics Group.

Page 2-19 of MCO 5230.12H.

Crapgame

My recent acquisition 1994 M1097A1 out of Albany GA, looks like the Marines were getting the Army's ragged out, hand-me-downs to M12001, but the Marines weren't having it, they demanded a newer, A2 truck:

Truck appears to have been an Avenger Missile Truck that was reissued to the Marines as a Maintenance SECM truck, has a secondary 12v 45amp alternator with umbilical to power a welder or something.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks