• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any one else want a .52 over drive? Less than a grand?!

spicergear

I'll have to talk the place again where I was at and get more details. Guy told me just range box changes would go from and RTO to RTOO and give you a .58:1 on the double over.

Trango

Spicer,

Good stuff - that would be great. I still need to craft an email to my friend for more info. His email is on my work machine, which I've been avoiding.... I'm on a 10 day vacation. :)

Best,
Bob

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
3053 stock is .79 od, don't know where people get the .85 from...............

in my former millenium reo with .66 od, 3000 rpm turned the shafts at 4545 which with stock tires was 74 mph. the 4600 ref was just from my partially dead brain. i am putting the trans in my current truck back togeather tomorrow with the first production mainshaft with needle brngs but still the .71 gear set. at least i will be able to go out and flog it hard. also adding digital speedo and tach to give accurate readings along with % of fuel rate indicator.

hot rod deuce

All right, I have some numbers and maye some one can do the math and see how close I was.

Gear box #1
Power comes in with ------------- 34 teeth
goes to counter gear-------------36 teeth
both counter gears are on the SAME shaft
goes out 2nd counter gear with 40 teeth
goes to main out put shaft with 28 teeth

Splitter Box

comes in on ------------------------------34 teeth
goes to counter shaft with------------ 36 teeth
Both counter gears are on he SAME shaft
goes to 2nd counter shaft gear with 40 teeth
goes to out put shaft with-------------28 teeth

hot rod deuce

Power comes in the gear with the flange and bearing still on it and goes out the other center gear when the splitter is in HI. when it is in low it s direct

The Main ranger has a big gear that runs on the little gears in the middle, this is the low or direct that gives you four main gears back on top, or a nine speed.

Attachments

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
ratios are: 1:1.065, .70:1, 1:1.056, .70:1
just multiply them out and you get total od of .546, quite a bit
what is the radius of the tires and max rpm you would run at and i will give you top speed. (it will be way over 100 mph)

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
input gears of 34 teeth driving 36 is a reduction (small into large) large driving small is an increase. so 36 divided by 34 = 1.0588 as the ratio as in 1.059 to 1. once you have the ratios, just multiply them all to geather. by the way if you are looking to put an intercooler in front of the rad, have you considered using a 5 ton gasser hood and moving the bumper out some? it would give about 6 inches and look sort of different.

hot rod deuce

Dang Tom, Thats pretty good idea! Why didnt I think of it? I have an air to air cooler in there now, I gained a little room with the 5.9 over the multi. I am also running the freightliner ratiator. 6 inches might be a hair much with the winch. Im going to go check it out. It might change with the angle. It all depends if they changed the width at the grill. I cant remember if the hood sides are on a taper or not.

also comes out to a little over 130 MPH at 3000. That would also mean that 65 is 1500. That might be a little TOO much OD but I can always just drop the splitter down into direct.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the sides of the hood i have are more straight, but not that much. you would have to do something creative with the grill or use the 5 ton grill, i don't remember what it looks like. i would think you would want to extend the frame behind the winch so the winch and everything moved forward, maybe just make longer winch extension pieces. without the rear box you would only have .74 od, not that bad with BIG tires. consider setting a land speed record for a deuce................

skidder

HRD GREAT LOOKING DUCE What was the final out come ? I have been thinking about puting a 3 speed behind the main , out of an old autocar or International, low dir. over ????? Skidder

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks