• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any one go the the Clare MI get together and swap meet?

ida34

Did anyone go to this event this year? I wanted to go but did not have my deuce yet and did not want to endure a 3 hour ride just to get there and long for a deuce. Anyway, is this event worth a trip up there? Is there alot of stuff at the swap meet? Is it done every year? Are there any other swap meets in the Lower Michigan, Northern Ohio, or Northern Indiana area this upcoming year? I will try to make the rally but is there anything else?

Thanks
Chuck

N1265

I was also looking for rallies and meets to attend in this same area. ( I am in northern ohio ) I did not know about the one you mentioned but the Ohio mortor pool does have an event in FINDALY Ohio every year. (I will try to post a link)

Also there is the MVPA event in DAYTON ohio this year. you can also get the information for this event on the Ohio mortor pool web site.

If you come across anything else in our area please let me know.

Thanks; Nick

http://www.ohiomotorpool.oldmv.com/

Armada

What are the dates that it is held? I'd go to it, that would be a great road trip for a day. Is it held at the General Jims surplus store next to Jay's? I bet they'd have something in the summer too.

ida34

Thanks Dave. Great pictures. I think it is worth a run in the truck. I went over to the Great Lakes MVPA website and found a lot of upcoming events. It seems there is a show and swap meet coming up at the Selfridge ANGB Museum in June. I plan to attend.

Here is a link to the calender.
http://greatlakesmvpa.org/wst_page4.html

67Beast

Yep, the GLMVPA is a good group to join. Dues are only $15 a year. They have several shows and a few trail rides at Camp Grailing. And if things work out there will be a military show & swap meet on Sept. 16th of this year at the fall festival here at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Then after the show for anyone who wants to we will head out to ride the dunes in the Silver Lake State Park. It should be quite the site to see several military vehicles roaming the dunes in the off-road park.

Chuck, we attended the clare show and the grayling campout/trail ride . did not take a truck to clare as this was first event we were able to attend and we were sorta like you. we wanted to get a feel for things before commiting to the time and expense of taking a unit that far. although i can say that as long as we are able and have somthing that runs we will be at the trail ride in grayling. great people and great time. we plan on going early this year and maybe taking along a smaller unit also. maybe a DODGE . also took part in a static display in downtown Grayling last fall. this was with MMMT.

N1265

The event that is held in FINDALY Ohio is May 19-21... It is held at the fair grounds.

If you go to the link I posted above and click on " club events" you can get all the info.

Nick

ojsdna744

Road trip

That sounds like a good time. It'd be fun to roll north with a few other MVs! I'm looking forward to rolling around in my truck this summer and hitting the events near Michigan/Ohio. :)

Rattlehead

Armada, yes the Clare show is next to General Jim's Surplus, which is adjacent to Jay's Sporting Goods. I could spend a bunch of coin at either place.

The Clare show seems to be getting bigger each year. Good place to meet people in the hobby.

If any of you guys live in or near MI, then join the Great Lakes MVPA chapter and/or the MMMT (Michigan Museum of Military Transport), so you can keep tabs on the events, meet some people, and support the hobby. Plus, you will have to be a member of one of these events to attend the trail rides at Ft Custer in the spring, or Grayling in the fall.

ida34

I do plan to join in the next week or so.

Armada, When it gets closer we will have to coordinate. I am up for a convoy.

Chuck

ojsdna744

Convoy

I'm in for the convoy also! I'll jump in around the Flint area. I'll also join the local chapter of MVPA. :D Prob drag my brother along in his 715 as well. (What's a convoy of whistlers sound like @ freeway speeds?) rofl

Mark it on your calendars, boys. The Dates for Clare are 25 through 27 August. A good show and great meet for the area. The 14th Annual Camp Grayling Color Tour will be "Officially" the weekend of 22-24 September, but some of us will be there early (Wednesday the 20th).
Like Rattlehead said, the Grayling ride is for members of the Great Lakes MVPA and/or The Michigan Museum of Military Transport. Great Lakes is also having a spring trail ride at Ft. Custer near Battle Creek 28-30 April. Contact www.greatlakesmvpa.org for more info.

forklift

I checked the michigan mvpa web site for that selfridge meet and it said it's canceled. anyone know what's up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks