• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any one have a shovel???? Or how to spend your thursday night.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a call from M813A1 who said his truck was stuck and could I bring my M818.

After a couple of days of rain we scheduled thursday afternoon. Fire up the M818 and drive the 6 miles to the location. Wow, that doesn't look good.

After hooking up the trucks, the M818 is stuck too. Not enough traction.

So we make arrangements to use M1075's M816 wrecker.

After making a stop to buy a rust bucket called an M1009, we lumber across town and within 45 minutes we have both trucks out of the muck.

It sure is nice to have freinds with BIG TOYS!!!!!

Sorry Dave, I just had to.......:mrgreen:

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may be reading this wrong- but you're showing a picture of your friends truck- stuck. But no photos of your stuck-truck. That's just not right...:cool:

-
Of course it's not right. I'm not going to increminate myself !!!!!! :doh:

And it was dark and raining during the final recovery so no pics there.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I didn't get any pictures of my truck stuck, but here is a picyture of the truck and one of me pulling one of the company trucks that was stuck on the last ice storm.

Attachments

Rene M

Yeah, take down the Christmas decorations and get rid of those crappy tires! :jumpin:
I have to admit i still have those same crappy tires on my 5 ton, well at least till i get up to OK to get rims from ya..

I work at a heavy truck shop in Houston and my 5 ton lives there for now.. I just love to drag around modern tractor/trailers with it.. It will jerk one around like toys!!!!!! Push, pull **** i bet i could turn one over on its side if i tried..8)
The power to move such weight with such little effort just floors me. .

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is working but it would have pulled him deeper into the muck.

M813A1

No had a old set of ramps from a trailer to try and help lift the tire out of the mud !! That is what you see in the third photo.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks