• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any one replaced the Demilled C-Pillar with the real deal?

beckel

I am looking to trash the 2 piece C-Pillar that GovPlanet installs on the 1043's when they get demilled with a proper Slant Back one-piece C-Pillar. I am curious as to how the installation is accomplished? The brackets are welded to the Sponsons so is there enough room to slide the C-Pillar all the way in one side and to gain enough clearance to slide it into the other?

Last edited:

tomelroy

i have installed two c pillars on slant backs. From the knowledge i gain from that activity i doubt you can install i c pillar with both sponoson installed. I bet they just cut the c pillar in half when they removed it. Best bet to reinstall a new c pillar is to detach one sponson, jack the roof in that corner corner, slide sponson out, install c pillar, reinstall removed sponson, lower roof.

BLK HMMWV

I just removed both rear sponson's and hatch and c pillar tube.
I didn't have to jack up the roof.
I installed some new modified GMV style C pillar supports and a new C pillar tube.
Once the hatch was removed .
I removed the 3 bolts from the center spoon in the tube and the 2 other corner spoons.
I unbolted the sponsons from the body and lifted the back of the sponsons up with the cross bar still connecting them and it pivoted out from under the roof .
It was kind of a bitch by myself but I did it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks