• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any one with 802 / 803 still not running or given up??

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
was wondering how many people still have not gotten 802 or 803 up and running? after the big batches of old units that could have been sitting for years, just wondered. i got 2 803 that probably had not run in 15 years since they had no hours on them and dried up fuel in system, one did not start, had stuck injection pump hence stuck rack so no fuel. other started just fine.
tom

Crabbie

I have an 802 that runs excellent but doesn't yet make power, I have replaced the defective parts and am in the process of putting it all back together. Keeping my fingers crossed that by this time next week it is all good.

pclausen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I have 3 and none of them runs yet. Engines all need some degree of rebuilding, despite the units being 2006, 2007 and 2009 models. Being a gluten for punishment, I'm picking up 2 more 802s in similar condition on Wednesday, along with a 003. :D

davidhdale

Well, I have 3 and none of them runs yet. Engines all need some degree of rebuilding, despite the units being 2006, 2007 and 2009 models. Being a gluten for punishment, I'm picking up 2 more 802s in similar condition on Wednesday, along with a 003. :D
Anyone got one for sale not runing Iis fine l was thinking of adding one

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
wow! i must be lucky then. out of 13 they all run and generate even though them have multiple other problems including missing sheet metal, (i'm having some made as i cannot find it) however i did pay a lot for them and inspected them carefully before bidding. i saw so many that i just would not have wanted to get!! i have found that dust builds up in the switches and is a pretty good insulator. the cure? a jet of water from a hose, an air nozzle, and finaly some penetrating oil to lube and protect. it already does not work, so kill it of cure it.

Ray70

Suprman, out of curiosity, what would you want for both of yours? I've got a few 002a's but would be interested in playing around with an 802 some day.

leedawg

Bout an 803 about a year ago now has about 2800 hours on it 93 model. Have not really had time to get to it for various reasons. Every now and then I go out there and look at it and poke around. I did notice it was missing the field flash switch so got one of those on order. STill gotta get some oil in the crank case and then crank it over a bit see if i can get some oil flowing around the motor before I add fuel and all that and try to fire it up. However after reading about one guys experience with 3 units that all had rust inside the cylder walls am now worried about my machine. However that being said I dont really know how I would check for that other than pulling the head and looking down the cylinders. Any way Ill take any advice you guys have toward getting this thing up and running thanks.

Crabbie

So after a new voltage regulator and stator, she runs and makes electricity as she should. Now the hard part, putting the sheet metal back together with the 1000 little bolts. The engine ran fine from day 1, my issues were all electrical generation.

CDR

Bout an 803 about a year ago now has about 2800 hours on it 93 model. Have not really had time to get to it for various reasons. Every now and then I go out there and look at it and poke around. I did notice it was missing the field flash switch so got one of those on order. STill gotta get some oil in the crank case and then crank it over a bit see if i can get some oil flowing around the motor before I add fuel and all that and try to fire it up. However after reading about one guys experience with 3 units that all had rust inside the cylder walls am now worried about my machine. However that being said I dont really know how I would check for that other than pulling the head and looking down the cylinders. Any way Ill take any advice you guys have toward getting this thing up and running thanks.
My advice pour oil in the bores let it soak a day then crank it up

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks