• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Plan B Customers on here?

WalterMitty

I'm happy with my current M998, so much so that who knows...maybe I will buy another one in the future. Given this, I was wondering if anyone as purchased one from Plan B and what the experience was like and how your purchase is holding up.

Gunzy

I have never bought one from them but have done other business with them and never had any trouble. I look at there upgrades on the HMMWVs they do and they look really nice.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqiwOtRJ7a0

I'm going to let the above piece of advertising speak for itself.

Please note that the truck linked to is claimed:

1) to be an M35 (it isn't)

2) to be powered by a "caterpillar multifuel". (It is powered neither by a CAT nor a multifuel, and CAT didn't make multifuel engines for the military)

These are just the two most egregious inaccuracies in their ad. Whether these are through deception or incompetence, it's enough to steer me away....

BLK HMMWV

I would have a hard time buying anything from them . They keep calling the trucks they are trying to sell Hummers and there HMMWV's.
It's the little things. But dam if you can't get even that right.

Action

I had seen a video where the guy was climbing in the back of a freshly painted Humvee and just let the tailgate down on the hitch. He didn't bother to use the chains.

Texas187

Yea...Ive dialed in on there stuff and much so as mimicking there style somewhat...seems serious business so probably couldn't go wrong...

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not had any business dealings with them, so please keep that in mind. Also, I'm not here to bash a business, it's not my intent, but I think interested parties should be aware of honest observations from independent sources.

Over the course of a few years, I have seen multiple PlanBSupply trucks in person at the Crossroads of the West gun show at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy, UT.

I have not been impressed.

I will say I liked their ideas, or where they were going with the projects that I have seen. I cannot say if what I saw was just rushed to make the show or was the enormity of scope of the project (big conversions, quad cabs etc), but as I said, seeing multiple of their trucks over a few years I can only guess it is systemic. The main two areas I observed (since I cannot speak as to the truck's mechanical maintenance):

• Terrible paint jobs - and I'm not talking about the color, as everyone's preference is different.
    • Poor, poor masking of lights, reflectors, and in many cases, no masking at all
    • Over spray on everything from lights, windows, chain covers, tires, interior and failure to properly spray behind something (like the M939 series' air intake stack). Zero attention to detail.
    • Runs
    • For the asking price, I would have expected a full stripped down to metal repaint. But it was clearly just paint over existing CARC
  • Buggered welds
    • Obvious non-penetrating welds
    • Porous welds
    • Copious amounts of weld spatter

Some of the displays had to be for pure flash and "pizzazz", but left me wondering how the end user was suppose to make use of it. Like one M939 series with a stretched cab, roof rack and much bigger tires, had the spare tire sitting on the top of the stretched cab and roof rack. There was a literal built-in ladder to climb onto the roof rack. But my question was, "How's the person suppose to stand that tire up, get it down safely without it rolling & bouncing away for miles (probably hitting and damaging things in the process - heaven forbid you were on the shoulder of the interstate trying to get that thing down and it bounced through traffic...), and let alone get the other tire back up there?"! It'd take a crane/fork lift! :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At RWH restoration, We only do OEM work unless otherwise directed by the customer, and even then, a conversation is had about originality and keeping true to form. But that's just our mind set.
i would tell anyone of my perspective customers the same thing, buy a Solid GP truck, send it to RWH and we will go through from top to bottom. In the end, you will spend the same amount of money, but the end result is OEM quality.
our trucks look as if they came off assy lines when done, the one complaint I have had is that the owners don't want to take them outside for fear of getting them dirty!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a literal built-in ladder to climb onto the roof rack. But my question was, "How's the person suppose to stand that tire up, get it down safely without it rolling & bouncing away for miles (probably hitting and damaging things in the process - heaven forbid you were on the shoulder of the interstate trying to get that thing down and it bounced through traffic...), and let alone get the other tire back up there?"! It'd take a crane/fork lift! :confused::confused::confused:

Can we get video of that? That would have to win America's Funniest Videos.......clear up until it killed someone. :-(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks