• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any recommendations for a place to get the mil spec vehicle wire?

spankybear

I am looking to get some of that black wire the use in the vehicles. Anybody have a place they would recommend? I think I want 14ga... at least 100 feet.

87cr250r

You can buy it from McMaster

However, for vehicle wiring it's a but stiff. SAE J1128 or J378 are better suited standards.

ToddJK

I rarely see anything heavier than 16gauge wire at any store or auto shops. McMaster and Amazon are the two places I've ordered most of my wires to replace bad wiring on the deuce and for all the accessories. Amazon has the best deal, I got 6 roles, 50 ft each 14 gauge for under $20, only issue was that it came in six different colors, yellow, black, white, green, blue, and red.

badgerd

Electronic Jedi
I get the part numbers for the “Prestolite” from Erik’s and hit the bay. Federal Military parts has 14AWG 100’ on the bay and Amazon, I’ve got 12AWG by the spool on the bay, but can’t find anything but spools of 16AWG anywhere. I only use Prestolite for any of the projects I do, it’s a little more expensive but worth it for the quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks