• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any screens in injection pump??

southernsmoker

Since buying my deuce two weekends ago and attempting to get it running, i have changed all the fuel and oil filters and completely cleaned and flushed the fuel system all the way up to the inlet line on the back of the IP. I am barely getting a few drops out of the injector lines on all cylinders. Before i go and jerk the HH off the pump and try and clean it, i just need to know if there are any screen type filters in the IP. Am i missing any other possible simple things? The kill cable moves the plunger freely. Any other internal simple things i should try first? In-tank pump pressure is good all the way to the rear of the IP and all is clean? Any thoughts? Next step is to remove the plunger valve from the center of the HH and make sure its clean.....Help!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The cable to kill the engine will move freely regardless if the lever inside is stuck. Have you checked it by taking off the cover?

The HH should have a "T" in the front of it facing the radiator. I think there is a cone shaped screen in there. In the center of the "T" should be a brass plug you can take out.

m816

Just like gimpy said. When I removed the lever and found that it functioned fine from the outside, It was really sticky when removed. In fact you couln't move it at all with just your fingers. Once cleaned and reinstalled, It worked perfectly and the throtle responce is excelent. Who knew?

southernsmoker

Thanks gimpy!!!!

Got home this evening and pulled the throttle kill housing and found the lever inside to be seized tight. Pulled it out of the IP and disassembled it (with great difficulty) and brushed it clean. Lubed it up, put it back in, and cranked the engine to find lots more fuel coming out of the lines! I put the lines back and on and VROOOMMM!!! She fired up and sounds great! Big thanks to GIMPY!!! Now I have to get all the correct oil and fuel filter seals to replace the junky Donaldson seals that came with my filters and fix some leaking fuel return lines. Half of the filter seals are leaking after startup and they are all tight...very tight. Guess I'll run it for a few hours in the garage and get the rest of the ten years worth of sludge and grime out of it before I change filters for the second time. .....I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!.....

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Glad it worked for ya. Those things are a PITA to pull and clean. I have even had some snap off. Everything else should be easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks