• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Sherman tank experts here?

kcimb

I’ve got a possible bunch of twin Diesel engines and transmissions I am looking to acquire for a project. Could use some help identifying them.

Hummermark

Hi the bunch of twin Diesel engines and transmission are they the boat/industrial twin packs?
as these are different from the ww2 tank twin packs.
if you could post pictures then I could identify them.

Hummermark

The industrial twin pack is a bigger transfer case as in the output casting is deeper it is a geared down out put i.e. Out put drive is slower then crankshaft speed.
Also no fan drive tower or gears on the balance shaft/ cam shaft cover.
and the tank version runs a triple oil pump

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question answered, guess We do have some M4 Sherman experts on here.....LOL........................site AND it's people always amaze me!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks