• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any So Calif Painters onboard?

Artisan

Paint and Electricity are not my forte' .

Auto-CAD, Plumbing and fabbin' things we do fine.

Are there any painters who are not afraid of CARC that can shoot
a flatbed I just built? the whole thing will come off very easy if
a forklift is available. I could rent one for a 1/2 day perhaps.

I am not 100% sure I want CARC, I just want it right...

The flatbed is bare metal.

I am in Monrovia.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the RAPCO paint a lot. It is easy to spray. I think you should try painting it yourself. Its not that bad to learn. Just prep the truck making sure rust flakes and things are how you want them before hand. Painting is easy, it is just the prep work that can take time. The great thing about painting an MV is that it does not have to be perfect. I didn't think I would do that great with a spray gun but I had some coaching and enjoyed learning more about it. I am still not a professional, but I am really happy the way things I paint 383 Green turn out. Flat paint is the easiest to paint. :)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tom, sounds like this is a "made" trailer. I still think you should be fine painting yourself(Brad) but if you don't want to mess with it, I understand. If you do, I think priming first would be a good idea.

zout

You bring that bad baby to GA and I will proudly paint CARC on it - shot it many times but mine is better than them other people shoot - But then again _ I am more humble and modest than how good I can shoot paint :)

quickfarms

What did you build now?

I would have it sandblasted first.

Do you have the primer, paint and correct reducer?

Did you include the container locks?

Last edited:

Artisan

Stay tuned to the Artisan's M916 thread QF and no, I deleted
the ISO twist locks in favor of a more versatile design that will
still do that job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks