• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Steel Soldiers ATV's

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
My son bought a used 2005 Honda Foretrax 2005 450R. I have yet to ride it but I am thinking of making it into a military style with paint and accessories made to customize it. Any of you have one of these or experience with them? From what I see it is small enought to make a good rally rider.

Jake0147

I dunno about a racer for general transportation duties. They're a little high strung sometimes (but this is not near as much as some), you can't carry much with you, carrying a passenger is a little cozy. What are you going to load it on? I can guarantee you want all four wheels pulling to drive it onto a deuce. I'm also gonna suggest against red for the final color. :D :D

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I know it is not the one I would have bought but he got a great deal on it and we are going to Up Army it when I get home or if he has the time he will start on it before I get home. That looks like a lot of fun in the back of the duece. I am thinking of using our M332 for a carrier.

This is the only picture I have of it I only found out he bought it the night before I left home for coming back to Korea so it is a night shot and thankfully it is a black one so I do not have to deal with the red except on the shocks.

Attachments

DanMartin

Yours truly at the Dunes on the southern Oregon coast.

That's my built banshee...420 stroker, too much to list. Many other quads...it's my other addict^h^h^h^h^h^h Hobby. :) I've never combined the OD Iron still with quading yet tho....sort of a different deal.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
David, you should have the kids militarize that ROKON of yours. That would be pretty cool!

Anyone have any pics of actual military 4x4 ATVs? They might give David some ideas for the modification...

Air force

When I was active duty Army National Guard at the Alpena Combat Readiness Training Center (Air Force), kept seeing the security police and others doing 4 wheeler training. They'd run around in a squad and hit the little wilderness patch behind the main base. I'll see if anyone over there has pics.

Found this one in the Squadron/Signal book "Desert Storm Ground War" by Jim Mesko that came out in 1991

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Gotta love donuts in the snow! I can hardly wait to ride this one when I get home and want to Army it up soon as well

I really liked the ones on the trailer I bet they are for SF guys or on the way to GL ?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ohhh, snowww! I like it. I still have my 96 Honda 350FW. Gave all that hot rod stuff up and now I drive a golf cart. Suppose I need to shop for a retirement village to live in now. One day I'll dig that 350FW out and start it, been years.

BobM

We have three right now. All are 4X4s and one is Yamaha, one Suzuki and one Kawasaki. We bought used because we had never had one before and didn't know if we would like them. Well, we found that we like them!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I do like the idea of a four by four but he got this one pretty cheap since it needed front shocks and control arms I just bought some on line and they should have it ready when I get home.

My Rokon is able to go anywhere and more than any four wheeler can go but like you Kenny it gets a little scarry now where it used to be go for it.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
I really liked the ones on the trailer I bet they are for SF guys or on the way to GL ?
No, if they were heading to GL, they would be much worse condition than that!

rofl

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
It looks like a unit equipment GBL shipment the thing is most of those should have been stay behind equipment. I found units trying to ship home Gators all the time and if they got them out of theater it means they slipped past watchful eyes and will be going to the unit only to be declared excess. I saw a few of them in Afghanistan that looked just like those.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks