• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any way to tighten M1009 mirror?

DDT

On a side note don't get crazy and take apart the vent side window while your in there! I recently bought all new seals and rubber trim for the windows and found out that the vent window is a sealed unit. They will sell you a seal but its seems that the windows is fixed to the frame of the vent window by a pivot post and a hinge. So good luck getting a seal over the 2 hurdels. My truck was down for 3 weeks because without a vent window frame you cant have the window flopping around in the door frame. One can by a new assembled window with the seal and glass matted together for $400 per side from Brothers in Corona CA. I just bought a clean used setup and a new vent window latch w/ o rings on ebay and the wind noise really went down!

richingalveston

for the vent window seal replacement you have to drillout the rivet on the hinge and it will come apart. You can buy a new rivet for the vent assembly from lmc. I have purchased the seal and the rivet but have not replaced them yet. I read on thread here that the seals are a little big and dont fit well so I was holding of on doing this until completely necessary. My vent windows are not that bad yet. I replaced all rubber and seals on my 1009 when i repainted it inside and out. The vent window seals and windsheild seal are the only two I did not replace. I have the seals to do these when needed.
Yes if you have the coin go ahead and get the new units they are supposedly much better than replacing the seal.

Vhyle

Man, I didn't need to hear all that. My pass side vent window just fell out recently. A friend opened it to smoke, and commented on saying how loose it was. And out it went.

aua

DDT

I have a good passenger side vent assembly window that I pulled from a pick a part. Give me a call if interested 909 838 0750 Taylor

xenocath

searching.............
i have replaced the vent window rubber on a previous chevy truck its possible but extremely not fun especially at any temp less than 75 degrees. my m1008 will get new gm units i found a few years ago

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two (10mm Hex) screws, tighten till you're happy.
Thanks. Such an easy fix I don't know why I waited so long. Tightened those two bolts after removing the star screw from the bottom, 3 minute fix. Took me longer to find the right size tools than to fix it. Thank you all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks