• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

any yards in the east texas area?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Red River Parts and Equipment, New Boston, TX. They got everything but really only want to sell to governments ($$$). Welcome to the site.

Sutphensvc

If you go onto gsaauctions, Texas Forest Svc has a slew of old deuces and 5 tonners that are worn out that they get rid of.

Their yard is in Lufkin, and I am an known person there - due to getting fire equipment for my dept between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls.

What parts are you looking for? I might be able to see whats laying around my area!

steve227

not sure what i need yet im picking up my first pair of deuces one running wo/w and kne was in katrina has water marks at the top of the windows but has never been cranked over since. i plan on getting motor for it (poped oil cap theirs ALOT of rust in the head) and bobbing it but im sure i will need alot of things for both trucks just not sure as of now

steve227

yea im going to chang tge oil on the running truck so ill use that old oil if she starts up ill see about salvageing the motor but i doubt it will be ok ill post pics wgen i get tge trucks over to my shop

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Many times the valves look bad and the rest of the motor is in great shape. I'd pull the valve covers and blast everything with some wd40 or something to clean up the rust the best you can, then run it.

steve227

awesome will do. happen to know an average price on a good running motor? just incase
ive seen some on govliquidation but not very often

steve227

im also going to need alot of info on wmo if anyone wants to help me out i work at at lube and tire shop so i can take home as much as i want but i really dont know what i would be doing with it lol

(sorry if im posting all of this in the wrong place im a newb lol)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Motors can be cheap, I've gotten some as low as $300 and some are way up there. I have seen new ones on GL for over $2500. If you want to possibly use the motor, I think the rocker arms are easy to pull. That should close the valves and make clean up of the rust easier. Look in our "alt fuels" forum for wmo info.

destroked

im also going to need alot of info on wmo if anyone wants to help me out i work at at lube and tire shop so i can take home as much as i want but i really dont know what i would be doing with it lol

(sorry if im posting all of this in the wrong place im a newb lol)
I'm not far from you, over in Shreveport/Bossier. If you want to take a look at my waste oil setup, let me know. I have a Shenandoah waste oil furnace, I filter the oil specifically for shop heat, but it is clean enough if you wanted to run it for fuel in an engine you could. A contact of mine in the northwest runs his equipment with a similar setup.

These are worth looking at if you plan to run any form of waste oil as a fuel source:
Simple Centrifuge ...putting a centrifuge in every garage!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks