• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anybody bobbed a 900 series truck yet

jwaller

not to my knowledge but there is a sucker born every minute. feel free to take an expensive truck and cut it's valve by about 70%.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Josh, that was only a prototype. They also tried to sell it to the civilian market, too, unsuccessfully I might add. I know this for a fact because I know personally the guy who bought out BMY and I have discussed this truck with him and actually laid my hands on one of the brochures. I agree with JWALLER. One of the things that guys used to say about bobbing deuces and 5 ton tractors is that they are plentiful. There are not many M939 series trucks out there and, again, I agree with JWALLER that you will kill the value. A nice M923 or M925 is worth $15K. With all this said, it is a free world and people can do what they want with their own vehicles.

Josh

Josh, that was only a prototype. They also tried to sell it to the civilian market, too, unsuccessfully I might add. I know this for a fact because I know personally the guy who bought out BMY and I have discussed this truck with him and actually laid my hands on one of the brochures. I agree with JWALLER. One of the things that guys used to say about bobbing deuces and 5 ton tractors is that they are plentiful. There are not many M939 series trucks out there and, again, I agree with JWALLER that you will kill the value. A nice M923 or M925 is worth $15K. With all this said, it is a free world and people can do what they want with their own vehicles.

Yeh the book I read about in said it was a prototype. But if someone were to bob a M939 series, I'd wager it would look very simular to that truck. Hense the picture to give people an idea about it.

And Greenjeepster. I dunno if you could call a MK48 Tractor a bobbed hemtt, but in my mind its bout as close as one would ever get.

eldgenb

forget the purists, if you paid for the truck than it is yours to worry about, value etc. If you want to do it than go for it, I think you would officially have a one of a kind truck. I do like the pic of the singled out 900 series up top though.:grd:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Anybody ever Bob a HMITT :grin:

How exactly would you go about that????

Take an axle off the front and back???

Put a deuce bed on it???

Use 5 ton springs????? The Driptriot weighs almost 4K pounds so you may want to avoid slamming on the brakes.

You would have a 440 HP truck with two axles and 4wd.....completely worthless for it's intended purpose.

Of course you go to Ted's Trucks and Stuff and just buy what you need and avoid cutting up a whole truck.:idea:

Be sure to post pics:grd:.

Josh

When I think bobbed Hemtt. First thing that pops into my had is a MK48 LVS tractor. I spent 20 minutes tring to find a pictue of a real one with out a trailer attached, so I had to settle on a pretty detailed model.

Attachments

militarysteel

if you did it your self, What do you think would be all involved?
What would be your steps and what parts do you think you would need to complete the job?
For starters do you own a m900 series truck?

halftrack

Anyone elso notice the special lifting/tie down bar on thr front of that bobbed 5 ton? I wish I had a close up of it to see what it was.

I have a 5 ton wrecker you can bob for 28k. knock yourself out.

chess

i have my m923 in the garage now im doing some measure ments to see if the brakes will allow a front spring set up on a rear diff. but i have a question to those who have bobbed a 5 ton do you keep the middle diff where it is or move it backwards?

bigjuice69

I started with a M945 cut the frame 11 feet behind cab bolted on 5 ton front springs but the air cans for the brakes hit the springs but i beleive a 923 or 925 have narrower axles than the 945 bridge truck but i am lengthening the brake tubes and hoping that works!! hoping to get up some pics this weekend.

wehring

Thanks

I am in the middle of a bob on an M925. Thanks for posting this because I will tackle the brake pot clearance issue tonight/tomorrow.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

NickAir

A singled/bobbed 900 series would be nice but the cost might be NOT. It is above my budjet. I will stick with the simple older models, 809's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks