• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody Bought A Truck Off The Auction With Dexron In Tranny?

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought a m931a2 off the auction that already had the tranny fluid converted over to Dexron. Also has a red dipstick handle. Just curious if anybody else has seen this?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck came with dexron already in it from Ft. Polk. It shifts smooth imho. I have swapped the spin on yearly. I had it 3 years and just did a pan filter service and went back with dexron. Very happy with it.

The power steering was also filled with dexron.

Handle was not painted.

wsucougarx

Out of the 200+ trucks I have seen at GL, maybe 12 had red ATF in the tranny. I've converted my M925 to DEXIII and plan on doing the same with my M923 someday.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M35A3 out of WPAFB had red ATF in it. Replace it with Dextron III. I have found it in several 5 ton power steering units, could have been good ol' Mil 5606

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks