• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody else on MEP power tonight?

AceHigh

Been out since 5 pm. With the two trucks I should have about 90 gallons of diesel LOL but will shut her down later tonight and fire it up early in the morning. I did find out the screen on the tank fill is not great, it was slow filling it up.

Running the whole house, heat pump, water pump and all.

We got about a foot of that white stuff.

Just checked the power co website, 37% of the county is down right now, 52% of Monroe Co WV is down. Looks like a long night.

Attachments

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Been out since 5 pm. With the two trucks I should have about 90 gallons of diesel LOL but will shut her down later tonight and fire it up early in the morning. I did find out the screen on the tank fill is not great, it was slow filling it up.
Running the whole house, heat pump, water pump and all.
Just checked the power co website, 37% of the county is down right now, 52% of Monroe Co WV is down. Looks like a long night.
Glad ya had that MEP!!!

Hope they get power to ya ASAP.[thumbzup]

DieselBob

They where teasing all week that we would have a "major" snow event today. We ain't got nothing and now they say maybe some rain overnight. Send some of the white stuff this way. Good to hear the the genny is doing it's thing [thumbzup]

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good for you. Your equipment needs to be exercised every now and then. Did you add additional exhaust mufflers to keep it on the quiet tip..?Thats the first thing I did. Hope all is well with your delema.

AceHigh

Good for you. Your equipment needs to be exercised every now and then. Did you add additional exhaust mufflers to keep it on the quiet tip..?Thats the first thing I did. Hope all is well with your delema.
No real problem on the mufflers. It is kind of under a pine tree that quiets it and the neighbors are a good distance. I now have a list of maintenance items for it. [thumbzup]

sewerzuk

I was on MEP power most of yesterday...entire house and entire shop. Got in some welding/metal fab time while running on the MEP too. Other people in the area were suffering in the cold and dark! Good feeling to have power no matter what, isn't it?

NJ_Toolnut

Other than the major dump of heavy wet snow with leaves still on some of the trees in late October, we've had minimal snow here in west Jersey. That early snow and its accompanying 8-day power outage prompted my MEP003 purchase from GL (Ft. Meade). Now that I (finally!) have reliable back-up power I'm almost looking forward to the next outage, but I'm starting to wonder whether we will receive any additonal significant snowfall this winter.

ctfjr

Other than the major dump of heavy wet snow with leaves still on some of the trees in late October, we've had minimal snow here in west Jersey. That early snow and its accompanying 8-day power outage prompted my MEP003 purchase from GL (Ft. Meade). Now that I (finally!) have reliable back-up power I'm almost looking forward to the next outage, but I'm starting to wonder whether we will receive any additonal significant snowfall this winter.

lol - I feel your 'pain'

We also lost power in that freak Oct storm for 4 days :-( and also picked up a MEP-003A (my son pulled it up here for Thanksgiving). Now that it is running & wired up I'm sure we will nbever lose power again

I did crank it up 2 days ago & ran the house on it for an hour.

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look on the bright side. Hurricane season is right around the corner!!

John

NJ_Toolnut

Look on the bright side. Hurricane season is right around the corner!!

John
Indeed. Hurricanes notwithstanding, the weather in my region has become increasingly extreme over the past several years and in addition, even though the local population has increased significantly in the past couple of decades, my power company appears to be more interested in taking profits than in making the investments in maintenance and infrastructure needed to ensure distribution system robustness and reliability. As a result, having a dependable source of back-up electricity has become a necessity. These were the fundamental factors that drove my MEP purchase decision. The October snow event and subsequent outage was just the tipping point. In fact, there have been several short outages since then.

Stan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks