• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody ever convert M36 to troop seats?

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Anybody have any experience with putting troop seats in a M36 or know what it will take? I haven't measured anything yet so I don't know if you could use seats from a M35 or not.

papercu

seats

You'll need the hinges from the Troop seats and then cut boards to fit. I have the regular troop seats here in South Ga. (Baxley) if you don't find something closer. Wayne

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
So can you take the entire troop seats from a M35 and put them in the M36 without moding anyting? Maybe just only in the front of the truck and leave the back with the normal racks? - Jay

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, dont forget that one side of the M36A2 folds down, the other doesnt. And the side that folds down is "split" in the center, so it's actually 2 sections.
Check the -24P TM for pics.

jasonjc

Both sides are split. You would have to use the up rights from a M35. The M36 up rights do not have the hinges. I don't think it would be too hard too do at all. I don't know why they don't have troop sheat to start with.?. Any one here know why?? The TM says the M36A2 has the same basic purpose as the M35A2, except longer.