• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody ever won 2 auctions by accident??

ke5eua

Just keep the rubber on the pavement and you should be fine.

It's not a sports car so you don't have to wind it out. Find a comfortable speed and don't worry about pissing people off, I did 50 for over 500 miles, could have cared less who was pissed about having to pass me.

mopar

Just keep the rubber on the pavement and you should be fine.

It's not a sports car so you don't have to wind it out. Find a comfortable speed and don't worry about pissing people off, I did 50 for over 500 miles, could have cared less who was pissed about having to pass me.
I am expecting just a nice slow 50-55 drive on I90 for 5 hours and 250 miles.

Shark Bait

Though capable if higher speeds, my Cat seems happier at 40-45mph. The heat build up at 55mph is significant. Nothing that effects the performance but heat is rumored to be an issue with these trucks. Check the front axle ends to make sure they have lubricant in them. Recommended 11-13 ounces of 75-90. Good luck and enjoy the ride. It is a fun machine.

Dave

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
too late to be of much use for the drive home, but don't freak out if you here an intermittent roaring noise from the front...that's just the engine fan engaging. On mine I will hear the air pressure release and then the fan kicks in. It mostly happens on longer inclines, the heat starts to build and the fan kicks in.

mopar

I hear that and thought my right front tire was flat and inflating and deflating so checked and couldn't figure it out and just drove on. Mystery now solved!! Made it back without any problems truck drove nice and smooth a little vibration after 53 but was able to cruise that or better most of the ride. Definitely not as fast as wheelspinners 5ton. He led me to the gas station and he pulled away like I had a 4 banger.

It is Big and the wife says "its too big!!!" Like I've never heard that one before

Last edited:

DSD277

M1078 bed, 144". JK 2 door Wrangler 153"
And just to let you know. Stock JK is 72" tall +/-. iirc, the M1078 bed is at 58" from ground. It'll make for a 11' high package... or about 6" shorter than a M1079. ;)

bchauvette

I fat fingered a bid threw in an extra zero. GL contacted me and rolled back my bid to the last reasonable. They told me that if somebody out bid my last reasonable I would be off the hook.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too would be curious about the second out of GA?

Did you pick them both up? Did you sell either one of them yet? Just curious. Might have an interest, depending on which vehicle you keep and how much you need for the second one.

I live in Dallas, Tx. contact me

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The(GL) canceled the other sale for him.

mopar

Sorry guys don't have any truck for sale.

The(GL) canceled the other sale for him.
Yes thats what happend. After a lack of replies from GL I figured I'd sell one of them rather than lose the default fines and hope I'd get my money in time. I paid for both of them by wire just under the deadline and got my paid in full invoice and then 2 hours later they finally got back to me and said they decided to cancel one of the sales. So I did and got my refund 2 weeks later. I wasn't until all that happened that people came out of the wood work looking to buy one of the trucks. I took the less risk when given the opportunity as I hadn't been at a price point to make it a real quick sale and needed the savings for the deposit/ down payment on buying a house which is more important even though I love the hobby responsibilities come first. As it was I got double charged tax once by GL and once at my RMV who wouldn't even go by their website only what they got told by the supervisors call to the DOR. The RMV can be really frustrating. At least they didn't give me a hassle about it being MV.

Just want to say Thanks to everyone who offered to help (73m819 in particular)and wheelspinner who helped me get mine picked up and driven home. Its always good to see good guys in the hobby helping each other!!!

I just got one thing to say "happy wife happy life" the wife is happy and I'm lucky she didn't go nuts over the whole thing and it ended up working out.

Maybe once we are settled in the new home and my house sells I may try to pick up another when the vehicles come out in the auctions again.

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got one thing to say "happy wife happy life" the wife is happy and I'm lucky she didn't go nuts over the whole thing and it ended up working out.

Maybe once we are settled in the new home and my house sells I may try to pick up another when the vehicles come out in the auctions again.
Ever heard of quitting while ahead? ;)

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, that whole addiction thing...

I recently sold my last CUCV. I have two more trailers left. My MEP003 on an M114 trailer and an MKT75A.

Not sure if I'm keeping them or selling them. One step at a time, I'm walking away from my addiction.

NOW all I gotta do is attack my weapons stack of stuff and get rid of most of that as well.

Ah well. One step at a time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks