• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody In Kansas City?

coberg

First post. Got bit by the mv bug a couple months ago and have been oogling this list for a couple weeks. Decided I want a M35A2. Budget 3-5k for purchase, but probably 6 months to a year from purchasing. I dont want an "adventure" with GL for my first truck so I'd like to find one private, local preferably.

Anyway, on to the point. I was wondering if anyone in the KC area would be kind enough to let me crawl over their truck and pick their brains. I am pretty mechanically inclined and consider myself handy having grown up around heavy machinery, so if you'd like some help with a project Im more than willing to offer mine.

BTW KC area includes just about anywhere an hour or two from olathe, which is where I'm at.

commandojeff

I'm in Warrensburg for school. Not too far from KC. My truck is back in STL though. There's a veterans thing going on at forest park this weekend in STL. There will be quite a few MV's there, along with my buddy's tank and my 5 ton. You are more than welcome to show up if you want to drive 4 hours haha. I don't have a deuce though, which is what you're looking for.

coberg

Yeah 4 hours is a bit of a drive, but I would love to oogle a 5 ton. Almost considered one but not really ready for it yet. Trying to talk the powers that be into a 5 ton tractor for the farm though :)

commandojeff

I figured it was quite a drive. I'm 19 and I bought it haha. I was looking for a deuce like you. I figured I would want a 5 ton eventually anyway, so I just got that to start with. I'm happy I did, the size is mind boggling. I love it.

tuckered

I live in Gladstone, near you. I don't have a deuce, yet. I had planned on getting a deuce this past spring, but I had some unplanned stuff come up. A new furnace, later a new A/C. Stuff is expensive and my little kids have to come first.aua

I also have been thinking about a 5 ton as well. But with that size of a truck, I'd want it keep it a 6X6 and I don't really have the "need" for that. I always figured that a M-37 or a multi-fueled bobbed deuce would be the preferred route, as they are not a whole lot bigger than a pick-up truck.

coberg

:ditto: But in kansas you may as well wait to be 21 to get a CDL to drive the sucker. No one will insure you. The deuce will be cheaper for now anyway, plus I dont want to be confined to just diesel :)

coberg

Man I just dont think I could bring my self to bob a truck like that, unless I had like 5 of them.

Anybody else with a deuce I could come look at?

commandojeff

I don't see why people bob trucks. I understand they look pretty cool and are probably more practical to drive around town. But it totally kills the value of the truck. Keep it original.

tuckered

There are probably more reasons to bob or not to bob, as there are grains of sand in a desert.

For me, I am not a business owner nor have I won the lottery. I'd love to have a stock deuce, but sadly, I am married. aua So, in other words, the wife has to drive it too. She has hard enough time to just trying to park a sedan at wal-mart, much less a 6X6 with a stick shift out in the wide open prairie.

It would be more practical for my family, to have it as a bobbed deuce. What I want and the way things are, taint the same thing.

If you able/willing, keep it original and god bless you for owning a steel soldier!

coberg

CORRECT! :) Thats why I want a deuce

But you do need one for a 5 ton..... air brakes..... Alas, no 5 ton for me for a while, as I am but 19. Plus I really don't want to replace $400 super singles at this point in my life

coberg

CORRECT! :) Thats why I want a deuce

But you do need one for a 5 ton..... air brakes..... Alas, no 5 ton for me for a while, as I am but 19. Plus I really don't want to replace $400 super singles at this point in my life

Flyingvan911

I live by the Plaza. I am headed out to Indiana today but I'll be back Thursday or Friday. I'll be happy to take you for a test drive. Deuces are sweet. It won't be a daily driver in the KC area but I get mine out every week or two. There are quite a few guys here in the KC area. We have a little group that provides mutual support for maintenance, parts, and just plain having fun. I'll be in touch.

coberg

PM me when you get back and maybe we can work something out. Im not looking for a daily driver just essntially a toy, maybe even farm truck. I'd love to come by sometime. Safe trip

Lust4GreenSteel

I am also in the Kansas City area (Gladstone). Newly afflicted with the bug. Looking for folks who already have these things so I can tag along and learn.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am just down the road from you in De Soto, shoot me a PM. I have some stuff stashed K7 and 119th st.

Last edited: