• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody interested in steps for a deuce?

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have guy at a machine shop giving me a price to make some new steps for my deuce. I asked him to use a heavier gauge steel than the original. They'd be the same size, but they might not need the angle reinforcement on the bottom, which is where they tend to rust out anyway. He's also going to give me a price for diamond plate steel. He didn't think he would be able to do the dimples though. (I have an idea of how to do that by hand)
As long as I'm doing this, is there any interest out there for these? I haven't really seen any for sale. Anybody have a particular interest in plain, dimpled or diamond plate? I'd probably do a batch of them in primer and hardener if I got enough interest, just wanted to see if there was anybody out there that needed them.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I just talked with the guy. It would be about $80 a pair for 1/8" steel diamond plate, and $60 for a pair of plain 1/8" steel. I'm going to work on a way to make the "dimples" like the OEM steps. These are much thicker than the original so there's no need for the reinforcement angle underneath, which is were they tend to rust out anyway. They should be more resistant to getting beat up off road too. If anyone's interested, let me know. I'll list them in the classifieds if there's enough interest to make a go of it.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you still have some and will they work on a 923? I have a 5 ton and it is now a little bit higher off the ground with 16X20 tires. Pictures if you do.

Thanks!

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know how the steps on a 923 compare to deuce steps, so I can't really say. But I'm going to talk to the guy Monday and have several sets made up. I planned on drilling the mounting holes myself to save a buck, but if you can measure the mounting brackets to see if they'd fit, I could leave a pair blank and you could drill them yourself.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update, just waiting for a final price from the shop. I'll repost and put an ad up when I get the final word.