• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody keep their Deuce outside with an RV Cover over it?

JCKnife

Been thinking I'll likely try this soon, and was looking for recommendations for a good cover that is extremely durable and a good fit. Had mine in the garage for years but it only fits because the cab roof and mirrors are off. Hopefully will be putting it back together soon.

rustystud

Been thinking I'll likely try this soon, and was looking for recommendations for a good cover that is extremely durable and a good fit. Had mine in the garage for years but it only fits because the cab roof and mirrors are off. Hopefully will be putting it back together soon.
If you use a cover you have to be careful of condensation building up in the cab. I have to cover mine since my rear window has been out for several years now. Really need to fix that. Doesn't bother me to drive with it like that, but the rain does come in sometimes. I keep an electric heater in mine during the winter since it is covered up. That is the only way to keep it from raining inside !

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My neighbor may be building a fence soon (my deuce is too wide for my driveway and is partially on their land) so I've made arrangements to store it at a friend's place, out in the woods. I've already looked on Amazon and found a 20' x 40' tarp that I was thinking I'd stake around the truck to keep the worst of the weather off it. I hadn't thought about condensation mentioned above, but in that case maybe just keep the windows/windshield cracked (and screened) to allow air flow.

I haven't tried the above tarp yet, but it looks promising. Alternatively, you could go for something made out of canvas. I bought a smaller one of these, 6 x 20 to use when crawling around under the truck. I don't know how well they'll do in the sun, which is usually a killer on fabrics. And it's also 4x more expensive than the one I list above. The 20' x 30' is $130 cheaper than the 20' x 40', depending on how much coverage you want.

Keep in mind the finish size and stated size are often off by a little bit.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks