• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody know of a good 2 inch lift for m1009

Coal Cracker

Rancho, makes a nice set of 2.5 in front springs, they suited me very well commercially snow plowing, you can either use blocks in rear, or get springs as well. I used blocks.

Armada

I've used a Superlift kit on an M1009 before, 2.5" lift, front springs, and rear blocks to retain the heavier stock spring rates. Once you start getting into the 4" kits, more mods are required. The short wheelbase doesn't help. Have your driveshaft rebalanced even with a 2" kit.
I would use the kit again. I've used Skyjacker too, and that is also a good kit. I was told the Skyjacker springs are softer and will sag a little more with the heavier 6.2 diesel engine. Who knows if that's true or not? Anyway, either kit would be fine I'm sure.
Pic shows 2.5" lift installed. Tire size was 1" taller and 1" wider than stock.

Attachments

84cucv1ton

true with the tuff country springs you need the HD ones so it will not sag with the 6.2.

had super lift on a 1/2 ton short bed.. was kinda stiff to me..

thats funny town my friend works for is selling off 3 3/4 ton 4x4 burbans.. if i had room i would get one

Armada

Something is not right with their catalog. You need a leaf spring kit. Front springs, rear blocks (or springs), shocks, u-bolts. I think that's about it. Guessing around $300.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a Ranch 2 1/2" kit on my 6.2 burb. Works real well but may have to go if I plan on getting these HMMWV tires on it.

Midnight Rider

That could be the right kit, they just might have put up the wrong picture. If you were going to order that kit, I would call to be sure that it has the correct components in it, not the coils.

niferous

So they only want $94.57 for it? Seems a little too cheap to be the whole thing. It is just the wrong picture. 4wheelparts.com often does the same thing. Also it says 2.5 - 4" seems strange that it would not have the exact amount of lift.

Edit to add: I'm on the phone with Parttrain.com right now and if they do indeed have the Skyjacker for $94.57 I'll but it. They only want $9 to ship it too. Something just seems weird but maybe they are overstocked and need to get rid of it. Who knows!? I'll probably order it Friday and just see what comes in. If it's wrong I'll just return it.

Last edited:

Midnight Rider

So they only want $94.57 for it? Seems a little too cheap to be the whole thing. It is just the wrong picture. 4wheelparts.com often does the same thing. Also it says 2.5 - 4" seems strange that it would not have the exact amount of lift.

Edit to add: I'm on the phone with Parttrain.com right now and if they do indeed have the Skyjacker for $94.57 I'll but it. They only want $9 to ship it too. Something just seems weird but maybe they are overstocked and need to get rid of it. Who knows!? I'll probably order it Friday and just see what comes in. If it's wrong I'll just return it.
Let us know what you find out. If that is the complete kit, then that is a price that can't be beat.

I'll buy one for that and put it on later.

REGULATOR

yes, Following along,

probably does not include shocks etc... rear blocks

Ive been lookign at 2-6 inch kits online,

really like the looks of the big tires and tall lift, but know I need to remaincalm and only maybe lift it 2-4 and not go too big with tires

I just got the truck so will drive it for a while first to make sure its worthy of the extra expense, break what I can on it first before addign extra stress of large tires

niferous

I'm thinking that it's only a components kit. I have 32x11.50 tires on mine and want to keep it that way so I'm thinking about just a 2" lift kit. That should give it a nice ride height and still be able to fit in most parking garages etc.

Chevy Lift Kits - 2" Suspension Lift Kit (EZ-Ride w/ rear blocks) - 1973-1987 Chevy/GMC Blazer & Suburban 4x4

That seems like a good Tuff Country kit but will be closer to $500 after it's all said and done. It's nowhere near the top of my list to do to the truck since the 32x11.5 tires already fit on there and if for the most part a cosmetic upgrade. Right now if it runs when I put the new glow plug controller in I'm looking to get AC next and then a radio. After that I want to pull all the dents and repaint it. A few other odds and ends and then I'll focus on putting a lift fit on it! :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks