• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody know what this (and leaking)?

caldreamz

Hi All,
I went out to continue work on my M1009 and found a puddle under the right rear leaf springs. It seems to be coming from this but with the spill mixed with rain I can't quite get a smell to tell what it is (or maybe I'm just congested)
IMG_6495.jpeg

Attachments

caldreamz

I haven't tracked that far back yet. The rain sort of killed my ambition and I didn't feel like putting on a full kit until I had more coffee :)

Squibbly

Vent for the rear differential?
The vents for the diffs are just hoses. That’s just a capped off fuel line. I suppose it could be a gas tank vent, but the fill tube is so big I wouldn’t think it would need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caldreamz

I can believe the fuel drain (although I still think its a pretty sketchy way to cap the tube). It was a big leak and if it was differential the tube is above the differential which would indicate pressure to get it up and over and a lot of fluid loss. I'm still not sure why it would suddenly leak but I did recently top off the tank. I will trace it back on Sunday and hopefully answer the question.

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can believe the fuel drain (although I still think its a pretty sketchy way to cap the tube). It was a big leak and if it was differential the tube is above the differential which would indicate pressure to get it up and over and a lot of fluid loss. I'm still not sure why it would suddenly leak but I did recently top off the tank. I will trace it back on Sunday and hopefully answer the question.
Seems like a simple process to figure out your problem. Stick your finger where it's leaking and stick it to your nose. You will know right away if it's diesel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks