• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody near Keesler AFB, MS for inspection/loadout ???

NightOwl

I just bought a m931a2 at Keesler, AFB in Mississippi. The truck looks good in the photos and inspections. Anybody in MS that could check it out and/or drive it out for me in the next week or so? If not, looks like I got a road trip in my future. [thumbzup]

Thanks!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might be able to help. Send me the details. Was this a GL or GSA auction? What is their schedule as I have never picked up there but familiar with Biloxi and it is a 1 1/2 travel for me. Do you also need it stored?

NightOwl

I might be able to help. Send me the details. Was this a GL or GSA auction? What is their schedule as I have never picked up there but familiar with Biloxi and it is a 1 1/2 travel for me. Do you also need it stored?
Thanks for the reply! Yes, it is GovPlanet which is just like GL. It needs to be removed by January 19th which is a holiday so I will find out if that means it must be out by the 16th. Yes, I will need temp storage. Let me know your rates for removal and storage. The inspection says they had to jump start the truck but everything else seems to be good. If you think it drives well, then I may drive it home instead of shipping it. Thanks again.

dpsmith

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure your truck is at Keesler AFB. DLA Keesler covers Camp Shelby and the Seabee Station at Gulfport. I have picked up a lot of items at all of these stations and usually the big stuff is at Camp Shelby. Dp

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I checked your listing. Brooklyn Ms is south of Hattiesburg. It is not Camp Shelby but maybe a National Guard armory or a private yard?

Check with CsmDavis [Jeff] as that is his neck of the woods and he would be the closest to help you or confirm what I am thinking.

Keesler is in Biloxi and would not have many tall Pine trees after K that I see in the pics.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think GP is hauling some of the Camp Shelby SMS rebuild yard trucks to the Jeff Martin auction yard (used to be Martin & Martin) south of Camp Shelby. I don't know if that will continue with the trucks coming out of current service or not.

http://jeffmartinauctioneers.com/

NightOwl

I think GP is hauling some of the Camp Shelby SMS rebuild yard trucks to the Jeff Martin auction yard (used to be Martin & Martin) south of Camp Shelby. I don't know if that will continue with the trucks coming out of current service or not.

http://jeffmartinauctioneers.com/
Yeah, I just called GovPlanet and the truck is at an "alternate location". Here's the exact address for other members who might buy trucks from the Mississippi location of GovPlanet. And the Google maps puts the location on Old Highway 49 which is not correct. If you put in the auctioneer name then you get the correct address. Nothing is ever easy... Anybody near this location?

Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc.
2236 Hwy 49
Brooklyn, MS 39425

Phone: 601-450-6200

Last edited:

NightOwl

I checked your listing. Brooklyn Ms is south of Hattiesburg. It is not Camp Shelby but maybe a National Guard armory or a private yard?

Check with CsmDavis [Jeff] as that is his neck of the woods and he would be the closest to help you or confirm what I am thinking.

Keesler is in Biloxi and would not have many tall Pine trees after K that I see in the pics.
Jeff's private messages are full so I sent him an email.

NightOwl

im laided off work at present so if you need a recover and a place to store it i would be happy to help out
Update: Timntrucks saved my butt. Tim drove 2 hours each way to recover my truck. Unlike the photos, the truck had 3 flat tires which Tim filled. It also ran out of gas a few feet out of the gates (thanks GovPlanet) and has a horrible sounding steering gear box. After much priming, Tim got the truck over to a safe location with CsmDavis. You guys are the greatest!! Can't thank you enough. The check is literally in the mail..

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the trucks from Camp Shelby are no longer stored in a secure lot, running out of fuel sounds very fishy. I've bought a bunch of trucks out of that yard on the base, and all had fuel in both tanks, and at least one tank would usually have over 1/2 a tank.

I'd be very curious to see if the other trucks at that private auction location have empty tanks.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it took a little doing to get it started the first time.. idled the engine to air up the tires. maybe 20 minutes. then out the gate to the gas station across the street.. bam... the other tank sounded so hollow we had to put 5 gals for it to pick up.. harder to start the second time but made it to the station.. with BAD wrote on the gear box sand the whinning it was making i opted for the short trip to jeffs location instead of mine. it would also save you 4 hours on your recovery time. the truck shifted great and did run good after all the air was out the system.

NightOwl

it took a little doing to get it started the first time.. idled the engine to air up the tires. maybe 20 minutes. then out the gate to the gas station across the street.. bam... the other tank sounded so hollow we had to put 5 gals for it to pick up.. harder to start the second time but made it to the station.. with BAD wrote on the gear box sand the whinning it was making i opted for the short trip to jeffs location instead of mine. it would also save you 4 hours on your recovery time. the truck shifted great and did run good after all the air was out the system.
Thanks again! I spoke with Jeff briefly. He's going to put in a new steering gearbox when he gets time.