• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody planning to go to KNOB CREEK

2dogsafightin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It may not be about military vehicles.. But there are usually a few on display out front..Its April 8, 9, and 10 ..Real close to Fort Knox...Ky I usually try to go on Friday for less crowd.. They have a night shoot on Sat noght that is pretty cool....If I can get off work I plan to go on Friday..Go to the web site for detailed info..Just search Knob creek machine gun shoot...Bring EAR PLUGS...as they send a LOT of lead down range...

DMaddox

I went down two years ago.. All i can say is WOW.. It is something everyone should expeirence once. I can't imagine being on the receiving end of all that fire power

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think I should be able to make it this year. Plus I have a bunch of 20mm ammo cans to get rid of. Should work out nice.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've shot so many MGs in my life that watching others shoot theirs is pretty boring, plus it gets crowded by the line when they open up. I go for the awesome gun show there, which clears out when the line is hot.

However, if you haven't shot hundreds of thousands of rounds in MGs before, by all means, you have to go to see it!

2dogsafightin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Newbies

Ive been going for years....I like to take first timers...Get there early... They always pay their respects to God and Country. (One time even spreading ashes of a fellow gunner who had past) A short range safety talk and then ...... READY ON THE RIGHT...... READY ON THE LEFT..... LET 'EM EAT......I like to watch the expression on the newbies face when line goes hot the first time... PRICELESS.....Its only about an eighty mile trek for me . Thinking of taking the Deuce... I dont know.... The gun show opens at 9 and is awesome...Hope to see some members there.....Ill be the one wearing camo.....

2dogsafightin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crash and burn,,,, i'm out

Wrecked my motorcycle on the way to work Tuesday. Hit a deer.....Broke my left leg in 3 places and my little finger on my right hand....Status of deer is unknown but I do have a large amount of deer hair for a DNA match....Guess ill have to make the creek in the fall..

L999here

...gotta' watch out...

You've got to watch out for the 'Kamakazzi-deer' that are everywhere....LOL. All kidding aside...hope your leg and finger heals OK. I'll send a few .50 BMG down-range for 'ya. At least you lived to tell about it. I almost lost it when I got hit by a semi...on my Harley...at night...from behind on a 4-lane inter-state. Count yourself lucky...

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't think I was going to make it but it turns out I'm heading out bright and early in the morning. Never been on Sun before but a friend of mine has and says it's a good day to go (less crowded). I worry that all the deals will be gone though.

Gimpy, when you going to be there? I'll give you a call if you don't respond because I could use one of those cans.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got back and had a good time. Found out Sun is great for the crowds but some of the tables did seem bare. All a came home with was some 5.56 tracer. There was a guy there selling some MV stuff. He's a member here but sorry I don't remember his name.

Funny thing is I got stopped by a cop doing 48 in a 35 running late to meet my buddies to go. The cop asked why I was in such a hurry. I told him I was running late heading to Knob Creek. His eyes lit up and apologized for stooping me. He said "by all means, hurry up Knob Creek is great". Weirdest traffic stop I ever had but I didn't get a ticket so all is good.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks